• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who Watches Who Walks Out of "Watchmen"?

43 posts in this topic

Oh God these people sound like insufficiently_thoughtful_persons...

The couple behind me argued for 45 minutes about who was who and what was happening and why is that man blue and was this scene happening now or did these events happen in the past and, holy , why are we now on Mars; eventually, they gave up and laughed their way through the exit doors. (And they were not shushed.)

These people should stick to Farrely Brothers movies...it's more their speed..

Good Lord "why is that man blue?" :insane:

A father seated in front of me, accompanied by antsy young boys, shifted uncomfortably with every splatter of brain; he sank lower into his seat at the arrival of a nude Dr. Manhattan’s fully exposed Little Dr. Manhattan then gathered up his stuff and bolted during the fairly explicit sex between Night Owl and Silk Spectre in the back of the Owl Mobile – or whatever it’s called. (The movie is rated R.)

Typical person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed bag that has no business having kids. At least he had the good sense to leave with them even if he could not manage a literacy level high enough to contemplate an R rating.

doh!

And we wonder why Survivor has been on TV for almost 10 years and Adam Sandler keeps getting movie deals?

Oy.

C

No mass exodus at the midnight showing I went to, but I had a couple students today who told me they walked out during weekend shows due to the "nasty" things. (referring to the blue man group)

Don't think that aspect of the movie was as bad as "Dune"....but close

Not even close in my opinion. The theatrical release of Dune didn't make a lick of sense. Only after it was re-edited and shown in two parts on TV was the story remotely coherent.

I don't think the story to Watchmen is the problem. It's the movie itself and over exposition in parts that makes for a rather dull first half. Add in an ending that doesn't leave you with a feel good or satisfactory feeling and people are bound to leave disappointed...

Jim

A father seated in front of me, accompanied by antsy young boys, shifted uncomfortably with every splatter of brain; he sank lower into his seat at the arrival of a nude Dr. Manhattan’s fully exposed Little Dr. Manhattan then gathered up his stuff and bolted during the fairly explicit sex between Night Owl and Silk Spectre in the back of the Owl Mobile – or whatever it’s called. (The movie is rated R.)

Seriously? SERIOUSLY? The movie is rated R. WOULD THAT GIVE YOU NO INDICATION OF WHAT MAY HAPPEN?! Just because it's a superhero movie doesn't mean jack anymore. Oh humanity, why are you so dumb?

No one walked out of the theater both times I saw it.

I was stunned at the number of 5-8 year old boys at the showing. I honestly couldn't believe it. I can only hope the dads get a couple of years worth of: "Daddy, how come your winkie is so much smaller than the blue man's in that movie?"

Just shows that there is no accounting for stupdity. The non-comic reading people who don't like the film won't like the comic either - or probably comics in general.

What I don't understand is the rating. Here in the UK you had to be 18 or over to see it - people taking kids doh!

Don't think that aspect of the movie was as bad as "Dune"....but close

Not even close in my opinion. The theatrical release of Dune didn't make a lick of sense. Only after it was re-edited and shown in two parts on TV was the story remotely coherent.

I don't think the story to Watchmen is the problem. It's the movie itself and over exposition in parts that makes for a rather dull first half. Add in an ending that doesn't leave you with a feel good or satisfactory feeling and people are bound to leave disappointed...

Jim

Well I was stretching it a bit lol

But my point being, I had no problem understanding Dune as I'd read the book multiple times, but I could certainly see where a h*ll of a lot of people wouldn't have a clue to what was going on. Bad Hollywood...yes....bad story....no way

Alan Moore didn't write this to make us feel all warm and fuzzy.

I thought the ending was fine. But certainly see why some people would think otherwise. Just my 2c

Shouldn't movie theatre staff have some say as to who sees this movie or not?

Just like buying smokes or drinks, people buying R tickets should get carded.

Snyder did a fantastic job of taking a complex story and making it coherent and simple.

The quick 5 minute intro ties a lot of of the opening loose ends together and gave the rest of the movie time to breathe and develop. It was an intro that didn't feel like an intro.

The couple behind me argued for 45 minutes about who was who and what was happening and why is that man blue and was this scene happening now or did these events happen in the past and, holy , why are we now on Mars; eventually, they gave up and laughed their way through the exit doors. (And they were not shushed.)

I would have told them to shut the hell up after about 3 minutes of that BS...

:naughty:

-slym

Shouldn't movie theatre staff have some say as to who sees this movie or not?

Here in the states "restricted" means under 17 not admitted without parent or guardian. These kids at my show had parents or guardians. Really, really stupid parents or guardians.

I would have told them to shut the hell up after about 3 minutes of that BS...

:naughty:

-slym

I always do too. Inconsiderate people are not tolerated when I'm paying $50 for a movie and junk food.