• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WHICH BOOKS DO YOU RARELY SEE WITH CGC WHITE PAGES?

45 posts in this topic

Tales of Suspense #49

Pretty sure I could show you one with white pages..., :blush:

Relatively speaking, GS X-Men #1 is tough to find with WHITE pages, when you consider how many high grade copies there are. ASM 101 also.

Books from South Florida

And anywhere within the east coast industrial waste depository..., and Ohio river valley, and...,

BIG APPLES

I thought this too but I think there was a section of the collection that was stored differently...almost like two groups of books that vary in PQ quite a bit.

R.

Joe and Nadia Mannarino books?

True and sad. The ones I've seen are structurally very nice but damn those cream pages. :(

50s DC war books often show up with C/OW pages.

Books from South Florida

Too true too often.

However, in addition to books stored in a controlled climate environment (e.g., an a/c and humidity controlled storage unit or room in a house) I know (presently, perhaps knew) of collections kept in a/c free, thus very hot, and dark rooms that have/had a majority of white paged books. The books, at that time, were in regular bags and boards and had been stored as such since the late 1960s. Unfortunately, I do not recall when they were bagged and boarded but I am almost certain it was not until the 1980s. Granted, I also know/knew of many collections in South Florida, stored without a/c, etc., with books having, at best, off-white pages. In neither instance, at least from what I was told, had the books ever received new bags and boards.

Why the difference? I have never given it much thought as all the books I have in Miami are stored in an acid free and climate controlled environment. Of course, I purchased roughly 90 percent of my gold, silver, bronze, and copper raw collection while residing in New Jersey in the 1960s, 1970s and 1980s. Driving with those books to Miami was interesting.