• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So, who's giving comics for Xmas ??

23 posts in this topic

Only one on my list who would see such an item as anything other than a cheap piece of acidic pulp would be my brother ... so....

Picked up a VF copy of Berni Wrightsons 'Badtime Stories' and the sequel 'More Bad Tales' ... He's a wrightson nut so I'm sure he's gonna freak smile.gif

8_2_77.gif

I'll be giving 2 Batman Justice League figures to the local Firefighters here to pass on to the less fortunate children, and will be donating a boatload of mid-80's comics to the local Children's Hospital which will include some FF, Spidey, Punisher, Conan, Captain America and more...What better way to get kids interested in comics than to let them get their hands on some?

"The kids of today are the collectors of tomorrow" wink.gif

I had a book CGC'd for both my sons. Justin(without glasses) is a spidey fan and I had a #300 done for him...9.6 Andrew is a Daredevil fan and I had a 131 done for him...9.4.

They will be very happy. They wanted a cgc book ever since I got my first one back.

8_2_94.gif

I am giving the wife the Miss America #1 that I got from Araich. It is to go in her guest room which is full of womens stuff.

Both my boys will be getting comics for their stockings. 893applaud-thumb.gif

I remember one christmas having an issue of 'The human Fly' and 'Shogun Warriors' in my stocking......I was thrilled with em smile.gif

I remember getting one of those "Comic Collector Kits" from around 77-79 or so. It came with a comic box, an Overstreet, comic bags and a pile of newstand return books. Now overall, that was a great gift for the actual supplies, box and OS.. but

.... man, some of those books blew so bad (lots of DC - argh!), but due to this, they stayed in immaculate condition. grin.gif

I'm giving my Mom (a night nurse), the final copy to the Night Nurse run! cool.gif

I had to check mile-high for Night Nurse as I was completely unfamiliar with that title....HOLY BEJEEZUS!!! Why is that book so friggin expensive (even adjusting for Chuck-Math)???893whatthe.gif

My father-in-law, big Western fan, is decorating his game room with a Western theme. He bought and framed a few Dells from the '50s with photo covers to display, and wanted some more. He'll find these under the tree this year.

Gene Autry #97

339924-ga97sm.jpg

Buffalo Bill Jr #7

339924-bbjr7sm.jpg

Rex Allen #27

339924-ra27sm.jpg

Roy Rogers #47

339924-rr47sm.jpg

339924-rr47sm.jpg.61ba8151483ee62a647c692df202dff5.jpg

i picked up one of my friends a pre code horror & 2 herbies, he should be happy as hell about them, he's been nuts over them lately!

Very cool! Herbie was a real fun read! Loved the way he'd bob you with his 27_laughing.gifipop! And a very droll way about him!