• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My Foray Into GA Has Begun!

175 posts in this topic

I'm pretty excited about this as it's going to give me an opportunity to feel like I own a mid-to-high grade copy of a Golden Age book. :grin:

And I do wonder if some day I'll ever try to go after a Mile High comic--probably would have to be a non-mainstream title / non-key issue to keep costs down. Still, I think the idea of having a copy of a book with that sort of provence would be pretty cool.

I thought I'd also include a group shot :grin:

th_photo-70.jpgth_ac53.jpgth_ac56.jpg

th_supe3b.jpgth_sm4-1.jpg

th_Batman2.jpgth_batman11front.jpg

th_IMG_0178.jpgth_78610.jpgth_tec52.jpg

I'm pretty excited about this as it's going to give me an opportunity to feel like I own a mid-to-high grade copy of a Golden Age book. :grin:

And I do wonder if some day I'll ever try to go after a Mile High comic--probably would have to be a non-mainstream title / non-key issue to keep costs down. Still, I think the idea of having a copy of a book with that sort of provence would be pretty cool.

I thought I'd also include a group shot :grin:

th_photo-70.jpgth_ac53.jpgth_ac56.jpg

th_supe3b.jpgth_sm4-1.jpg

th_Batman2.jpgth_batman11front.jpg

th_IMG_0178.jpgth_78610.jpgth_tec52.jpg

Some great books!

Batman 2, Batman 11, Superman 3, and a Tec 42 Crippen!

:applause::applause::applause:

I have to admit I am jealous as I have never owned a Bats 2 or 11 or a crippen Tec!

(worship)

Great lineup of early DCs, Forrest! :applause:

Man, you are miles ahead of where I was my first year collecting GA...

Same with me! I think my first year truly collecting GA books entailed a sole Detective Comics #117 in Good condition and a few other later Batman books and I think 1 late 40's low grade Superman - and this was all the way back in 2001/2002.

It's hard to believe it has only been one year this Thursday that I've been collecting Golden Age books! I have to admit it feels like I've been working in this niche for a bit longer than that.

It's hard to believe it has only been one year this Thursday that I've been collecting Golden Age books! I have to admit it feels like I've been working in this niche for a bit longer than that.

Can't wait to see your collection in a decade.

If I went from a Tec 117 in 2002 to a Tec 31 in 2010 (8 years)

where will Mac Man be in 8 years when he already has a very respectable 1st year line up!

:o

(BTW if you ever sell that Tec 42 crippen - give me first crack please! :baiting:)

where will Mac Man be in 8 years when he already has a very respectable 1st year line up!

(BTW if you ever sell that Tec 42 crippen - give me first crack please! :baiting:)

lol If I'm buying Tec 31s, my wife might kill me! :o

I'd like to make some progress working on the early Batman and Superman runs, continue picking up some train covers, and then grabbing the occasional early Tec and Action issue.

lol If I'm buying Tec 31s, my wife might kill me! :o

I'd like to make some progress working on the early Batman and Superman runs, continue picking up some train covers, and then grabbing the occasional early Tec and Action issue.

But at least you would die with a Tec 31 :baiting:

That's one of those you buy first and ask forgiveness later.

"But Honey, It's so pretty...and collecitble. Plus its CGC graded so I can't send it back."

Works every time so go for broke!

lol