• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My Grail and the story behind it. reposted from the GA forum

24 posts in this topic

What a great story, thank you for sharing. So many vets are reluctant to talk about what happened during some of those historic battles and I don't blame them. I don't think we can ever really appreciate what they had to go through, true heros all of them.
With you 100%. Hockey and Comics guy, and I have been discussing this. People really do need to remember what these men and women did for this country during this time period (thumbs u

Amen Heroes all of them.My father fought in the 1st Army 1st infantry(the big red one)In the Battle of the Bulge.Not as great as the "movies" make the story out to be.We did not do so well in that battle.salute.gif

(thumbs u

Awesome! My dad was in WWII, and fought in the naval battle at Okinawa. Sadly, we're losing more and more of these guys every year...

You're right Mike.

I lost my dad in January. He was a Marine in WWII seeing action at Iwo Jima, Guam, Mariannas Islands and the Volcano Islands. And if that wasn't enough, he signed up for the Marine Reserves, was sent to Korea and ended up as one of the Frozen Chosin. Dad was a proud Marine, but an even prouder father and grandfather.

The stories of Resurrection's grandfathers are awesome because those men were awesome. We'll never really understand....

Ressurrection: Thanks for sharing the pictures and the stories. I, too, have a real love for the patriotic covers from the GA - Just wish I had the $$ to bring 'em home.

(thumbs u

Awesome! My dad was in WWII, and fought in the naval battle at Okinawa. Sadly, we're losing more and more of these guys every year...

You're right Mike.

I lost my dad in January. He was a Marine in WWII seeing action at Iwo Jima, Guam, Mariannas Islands and the Volcano Islands. And if that wasn't enough, he signed up for the Marine Reserves, was sent to Korea and ended up as one of the Frozen Chosin. Dad was a proud Marine, but an even prouder father and grandfather.

The stories of Resurrection's grandfathers are awesome because those men were awesome. We'll never really understand....

Ressurrection: Thanks for sharing the pictures and the stories. I, too, have a real love for the patriotic covers from the GA - Just wish I had the $$ to bring 'em home.

:golfclap: The men who were over there because they fely they should be there are the heoroes IMO. I will never understand what was in their hearts and minds. But thankful for what they did. Sounds like your father was another of those men. (worship)

And the covers like this are available for decent prices. This book in particular cost me close to $500.00. Which is ALOT for my budget, but worth every red cent (thumbs u