• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I drew a stupid comic strip...

24 posts in this topic

This is actually something I'm really excited about, being a comic fan and all. I drew this on my deployment last year. About 4 months in I was suffering from a severe lack of comics. I was wondering if I could do something in four panels that could tell a story so I drew 4 boxes with stick figures in them with some words. Then I got the idea for this one so I drew it out the same way and somebody suggesting expanding on it some. I'm actually a horrible artist...this took me about 3 days of drawing with pencil and erasing plenty before photocopying it and going over in pen. I taped the word balloons on and photocopied it one last time. The finished product became the cover for me EAWS study binder and my Safety Officer noticed it on watch one night. He loved it and asked if he could send it up the chain which I, of course, didn't mind. I never heard anything back about it. Yesterday my girlfriend shows up with a copy of the magazine she got from a friend at work. I'm friends with her husband who is in a neighboring squadron and he noticed my name in the byline. Good catch, right?

Long story short, I was very excited when the Safety O asked me for a copy to send up. I wanted it to get published somewhere just so I could say I had something published. I never heard anything and just forgot about it. 8 months later I'm just as suprised and thrilled as can be. I might take 3 days and try to do another one :insane:

I draw a weekly comic strip in my spare time. Just for fun.

Here is a little taste of my adventure strip:

n1386906326_99743_5424.jpg

Nice! I considered drawing more strips based on my cruise but I really didn't have much time to do another one. We kept pretty busy! Maybe I'll give it another shot and try to do a weekly like yours...just for kicks around the squadron.

Will we get to see the further adventures of Paco?

I like how the magazine cover has a jet-engine being tested on it, with the caption above it almost leading one to believe that it is some sort of gun being fired.

Oh yeah - that's a great cartoon!

-slym

Very Fred Hembeck-esque! :golfclap:

I like how the magazine cover has a jet-engine being tested on it, with the caption above it almost leading one to believe that it is some sort of gun being fired.

-slym

We actually just fire those bad boys up out back on the way back from the Gulf...we make better time!

:jokealert:

We actually just fire those bad boys up out back on the way back from the Gulf...we make better time!

:jokealert:

Heh - it would take MANY of those jet engines to move a beast like the USS Kitty Hawk.

;)

-slym

Nice! I considered drawing more strips based on my cruise but I really didn't have much time to do another one. We kept pretty busy! Maybe I'll give it another shot and try to do a weekly like yours...just for kicks around the squadron.

I just started a blog:

Check it Out!

http://piratepaco.blogspot.com/

I just started a blog:

Check it Out!

http://piratepaco.blogspot.com/

You better folllow up on this now...I gotta know what's up with this map :frustrated: