• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ya'll like to see books, right?

33 posts in this topic

Thanks. I bought both of those this year, from board members.

This is a great place to hook up for sweet books at decent prices. I have only purchased one book so far from forum members that I regret paying what I did for it. But I don't regret too much :) It cost me 800 and should have been about 700 or just under. But hey. I made the decision and wasn't forced into it. Maybe it will work out.

I have a bunch more to post. As I have thousands, I can not do them all. But I will do some more. Down the road I will do some Golden Age, which is my passion. I have shown some of them, but not all.

We should all start one of these...oh wait

Are you sending me a subliminal message?

I own so many of those books I'm thinking you are sending me one.

Here's an idea based on if everyone did post a scan of every book they owned:

We could have a database of every book owned here that might rival those other databases of books that many of us upload to.

I have 5000 scans to ready to contribute :)

Answered and then deleted. I just ain't gonna go there, on their site. It has been hashed and rehashed already. I will say that none were restored. Some graded higher and some lower. I prefer CGC due to Heritage not accepting PGX slabbed books, consumer confidence in CGC, with more consistency. I prefer the slabs, prices and turn around times of PGX. Neither company is consistent enough for me though. I would like to see something in writing that states "three spine stress marks: deduct .08. Two blunted corners: deduct .08. etc. I do not have the expertize to write such a thing, but some do. Due to the innumerable combinations that could exist in one book, I admit that it would be very difficult. But not impossible.

Both have pros and cons. Let's leave it at that.