• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's the first comic you ever purchased?

66 posts in this topic

Hey..I had a Finnish version of that same book as a kid. I had nearly all of them back then. But those 100+ (256 page) books just took too much space so I gave them to my cousins.

073.jpg

First comic I can remember buying with my own money was FF200 and Avengers 177 I can remember riding my bike across town (Buffalo) to pick up a handful of comics and some Zotz candies. I had to wait a few years before I found out how the Avengers survived their battle with Korvac/Michael.the Enemy I had tons of comics before those starting with Disneys (loved the Beagle Boys and Uncle Scrooges) Asterix (we lived in Finland at the time) First Marvel I saw was some type of foreign treasury with the Avengers ( I can remember the ghostly image of the Vision) while we lived in Italy briefly I can also remember Mom buying me a Thor with a ship of skeletons on the cover circa issue 247? Never got into DC other than reading my freinds Batmans. Most of my early comics buying was in the supermarkets with those multipacks. I can remember trying to see what the comic was in the middle. Sometimes the store would have a stack of books that kids had ripped out of the multipacks and you could pick all three you wanted as long as you were ok with the price stickers on the books but back then I couldnt care less if they didnt even have a cover. First regular comic habit was daredevil( I was maybe 11 yrs) I used to sort the comics at the 7-11 and the news vendor or store clerk would give me one comic for free for doing it I was waiting for the newest Defenders (the 6 Fingered hand storyline) and I picked up a Daredevil , think it was either 176 or 177 and was absolutely blown away. After that total Marvel Zombie, got the lawnmower cranking to make me some cash and I bought virtually every Marvel and a few DC's (Teen Titans comes to mind) smile.gif