• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: What's your favorite color?

93 posts in this topic

I think because the comic is still 100% authentic - no added color, glue, pieces, etc. It's the one thing you can do to improve your comic without adding artificial materials. I see the other side too. If someone buys an unrestored 9.4, they want a comic that has been preserved in 9.4 condition since it was published. Not one that was a lower grade previously.

There are a hundred threads on this subject...go to Search and type in Pressing and you will get your answer (thumbs u

I know, I should dig up old threads and this has probably been beaten to death, but I just personally don't see how it is not restoration! Please no flame wars just honest opinions. If this thread should be closed, I'll glady change the title to "thread closed". It seems like everyone prefers not to talk about it, and I don't really see threads about it. I think some of us want to shy away from the discussion.

For those of you who believe it is not, why do you think it is not? My hunch: some people don't WANT to consider it restoration because it can improve your book but NOT be detected by CGC.

:shy:

Because dealers are like preferred shareholders and thats the way they want it.

Can we just give this guy a strike instead of waiting for 3 or 4 people who contribute something worthwhile to the boards to get them for getting into it over this?

Not cool. That's all I'll say. If I understood you correctly. (shrug)

For those of you who believe it is not, why do you think it is not? My hunch: some people don't WANT to consider it restoration because it can improve your book but NOT be detected by CGC.

:shy:

Because

Another excellent answer! (thumbs u

Pressing is restoration IMHO. Your doing something to the book to bring it back to a previous, hopefully better state. But a lot of people see it as a form of preserving a book. You are neither adding or taking away something from the book. Tangible or not.

The problem is this. If a book is professionally pressed. It is next to, if not impossible to detect.

The CGC will not label a book as restored unless it has in there opinion, 100% fact and or proof of such work. Or as close as they need to be to label a book as restored.

Can we just give this guy a strike instead of waiting for 3 or 4 people who contribute something worthwhile to the boards to get them for getting into it over this?

Not cool. That's all I'll say. If I understood you correctly. (shrug)

If in 2 years of reading pressing threads, you haven't been able to gauge the feelings of almost every person on this board, then one more thread isn't going to clue you in. This is a mess-starting thread and you darn well knew it before you posted it. And every last one of these threads ends with strikes/suspensions for otherwise well-behaved board members. So I'm offering a viable alternative. If you're old enough in board age to know better, you get the strike. Start attacking the problem at the distribution level instead of just the (comic) DEALERS. Yeah, I can be heated and still make a funny. Go me.

-Rob-