• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How many variants can you find?

6 posts in this topic

I ran across these scans in the last few days and I thought it would be neat to put these side by side for comparison. Does anybody know of any first print comic with more cover variants? I'm not talking about manufactured collectibles with different covers ala X-Men #1 or the Gen13 muliple covers BTW. Here it is the scan... let me know what you think.

Defenders51var.jpg

ACTUALLY, MILE HIGH COMICS HAS DONE A PRETTY GOOD JOB OF LISTING NEARLY ALL KNOWN VARIANTS OF ALL ISSUES. THEY ONLY LIST PICTURES WHERE THEY HAVE HAD A COPY OF IT HOWEVE.

THEY REFER TO THE 4 YOU SHOWED AS. STANDARD, WHITMAN, UK AND 35 CENT VARIANT.

www.milehighcomics.com

They didn't have the pence version of this one, so they must have never had one, that they knew about anyway.

Yeah, there are quite a few issues during this era that had all four variants. Iron Man 100 would be another that had all four. I was just wondering if there were any issues with even more first print variants. I think your Dr. Strange 30 cent color variants would have more variants if it had a pence variant and was during the time that Whitman was distributing Marvel issues. However, no 30 cent variants have Whitman counterparts.