• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Action #1 at ComicConnect Garners over $300k!!!

244 posts in this topic

For those that didn't read the infinite # of Action #1 threads in the Gold Comics forum, Batman_Fan cut and paste a list of the pre-auction predictions for this book. It's a fun read. :grin:

Interesting to re-read this thread now that the auction is over. Here is a quick summary of the guesses

showcase4 guess - I'll go 1st.....chose $651,000+

jiveturkeymofo - I'll stick with my original prediction: mid $300s to low $400s tops

greaterfool - $500,000

dm - $485,000

action1kid - Anyway, my point is with good media coverage,again not just the internet this book could fetch a max out of 750k....no media coverage and just the net....495k

thedude - I chose the $351,000 - $450,000 range. I'm predicting around $425,000.

Crowzilla - was tempted to take the 150-250, but i played it safe and took the 350-450 just in case someone is betting on the regrade

lou_fine - I just can't believe there were some boardies that chose the $150K to $250K range. As for myself, I chose the $451K to $550K range since the it seems like forever since the last truly unrestored Action has come to a public auction (as opposed to a private sale) and the market has significantly taken an uptick since then. The PQ will hurt it a bit though and could keep the prices out of this range.

Bronty - $410k

The_Black_Hand - 320k

kryptonitecomics - 350,000 to 450,000....no more than that

rob_react - I chose 250-350. I hope to see it make $375-425k, but this is all rarefied territory for comic books, so I'm not sure it'll get up that high.

Theagenes - $475k

tonytiger - $1,000,000

1koko - I think 350 is probably where it will end up but with the right wind it could be 500+

batman_fan - I will throw my opinion out there. At $350k+, yes, I think it is an insane price.

Is it a rare book in this grade? you bet!

Is it a key book in the overall comic and American pop culture? In a HUGE way

Is $350k a lot for a mid grade comic? he!! yea ! Time will tell what the final hammer will be.

what is funny is he left off my $317K predition...which, oddly enough, I hit on the HEAD :headbang:

Was that your prediction or did you mention that's what you were willing to spend? hm

goto the GA thread and goto page 16 (or posts 164ish) and you will see my "prediction"!!!!!!

Did you win it? :wishluck:
lost it by $200...I went to $317K and it closed at $317,200 :cry:

$200? :(

:sorry:

well, CC uses $200 increments, so for all I know, the winning bidder could have bid $400K (shrug)

Would you really classify this transaction as a sale?

Did you win it? :wishluck:
lost it by $200...I went to $317K and it closed at $317,200 :cry:

$200? :(

:sorry:

well, CC uses $200 increments, so for all I know, the winning bidder could have bid $400K (shrug)

Would you really classify this transaction as a sale?

that is what my account says on CC

Roy, please do everyone trying to enjoy their breakfast a favor & don't post any NOD message board links on these boards.

It's a sad and hateful bunch over there.

What an :censored: hole coment dude..

Thanks.

I'll clarify some with a short rewrite:

...over there on the NOD boards -- the boards, not the NOD itself, necessarily -- by a wide margin when compared to these boards."

Roy, please do everyone trying to enjoy their breakfast a favor & don't post any NOD message board links on these boards.

:cry:

Sorry, I forgot to mention angry & creepy. My bad.

There are a few pretty good people over there, but just like this place, there are also loudmouths. ;)

It needed to be said, even loudly. :gossip:

:cry:

Sorry, I forgot to mention angry & creepy. My bad.

There are a few pretty good people over there, but just like this place, there are also loudmouths. ;)

It needed to be said, even loudly. :gossip:

yep lol

Thanks.

...over there on the NOD boards -- the boards, not the NOD itself, necessarily -- by a wide margin when compared to these boards."

Really? I find there to be at least 3 times the :censored: holes over here.. (thumbs u

Thanks.

Really? I find there to be at least 3 times the :censored: holes over here.. (thumbs u

Isnt there total membership 125 or so people though. Thought I saw a thread over there about that.

Thanks.

Shall I start calling you names now, too?

I will if that is what you're looking for.

Thanks.

Isnt there total membership 125 or so people though. Thought I saw a thread over there about that.

I wouldnt know. I no longer have internet explorer so can not access the NOD boards. But being as I do have some friends over there who I speak with often, and more members here are NOD then one might think, I found the comment offensive. NOD members are supposed to display the logo in sig lines, but I think there are five or so "regular" posters who dont display.

Thanks.

Shall I start calling you names now, too?

I will if that is what you're looking for.

When did I call you a name? I found the comment in poor taste, but definately never did any name calling.

OK. I agree, now. I re-read your posts. You were critical of my comments, not me.

However, I consider my comments -- my opinions -- to be me.

OK. I agree, now. I re-read your posts. You were critical of my comments, not me.

However, I consider my comments -- my opinions -- to be me.

:whistle:

You bet.

There was a thread posted earlier where a guy on nod was talking about rarity and the worth of an item.

Funny I was just thinking that yesterday and even msn someone about the realization I had about the rarity of anything man made. Reason being that anything man made can pretty much be replicated. If you had all the equipment that was used, the ink and the plates or screens or whatever is used to print a comic from that era you could replicate the original. So with this being said is it really rare?