• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Turn Off the Oven, Watchmen is DONE!

124 posts in this topic

Btw when you quote something you should really link it too.

I copied the URL, but forget to add it. I just went back and put the link in.

Is he writing a Graduate level thesis? Where he NEEDS to quote his sources.. Or is it just your curiousity? No real reason to make up facts here in the forums, I would think. Links are nice but, too many numbers and detailed facts make yourself get lost in the topic many times..

Its message board etiquette in general to quote your source so someone doesnt tell you your blowing it out your *spoon* and you have at least someone else to blame for incorrect statistics should they be disproven.

all about CYA. :makepoint:

But we were talking about box office. :baiting:

The rest of the article I snipped illustrated how TV was the most profitable section of the ancillary money streams for most films.

My point was to discuss how box office results cannot be used to judge a film's profitablity alone.

Hope this doesn't effect Wolverine origins

It can't possibly effect it. It may, however, have an affect on it.

I'll just see myself out now.

Watching 300 doubled by sperm count.

300 > Watchmen.

Wow, a box office drop of almost 80% compared to last Friday, which is pretty :censored: horrible (even record-breaking tanks like The Hulk didn't crack 70%) and with weekend estimates in the $15 million range (and likely lower) I believe this may set a new record for a big-budget studio movie tank from the first to second weekends.

Watchmen was also pounded out by both Race to Witch Mountain and Last House on the Left, while Taken, a surprise hit that has been out forever, was in fourth. Yeesh. doh!

I didn't especially like the movie that much, and thought Snyder screwed it up royally, but I didn't realize that word-of-mouth was this horrible on the movie.

I saw the movie this week and thought it was very faithful to the story Moore wrote. I wasn't that thrilled by the story to begin with, so my expectations weren't unrealistic.

I actually liked the movie better than I thought that I would. I have no interest in seeing it again, but I would recommend it to someone that had an interest in the source material.

Hey dork, if you are going to correct English don't up.

Affect = verb

effect = noun

when you put an article, such as "an" you must use effect, as only a noun may take an article.

EPIC DRDONALDBLAKE FAIL

Affect = verb

effect = noun

when you put an article, such as "an" you must use effect, as only a noun may take an article.

EPIC DRDONALDBLAKE FAIL

I'd take my ball and go home, but both of them just retracted up into my body.

Affect = verb

effect = noun

EPIC DRDONALDBLAKE FAIL

I'd take my ball and go home, but both of them just retracted up into my body.

:signfunny:

That's two this weekend. God bless ya Cap.

Word of mouth is horrendous on this movie. I havent seen it, but my brother, who is 23, and 6 of his friends all thought it was awful. 10 of my college buddies did not like it at all, while 1 saw it twice because he loved it. Even my dads friends got into the action, but they all hated it.

I really don't see how the studio imagined anyone but a rabid Alan Moore fanboy would love this movie. It is a brainless regurgitation of the graphic novel, which is a long, somewhat boring, plotless character study that only works on the page because Moore is such an exceptional writer.

And someone thought transferring a lifeless photocopy of the GN to film would be a great way to spend $150 million? lol

In order to work, they needed someone with the balls to make the changes needed to support a movie storyline and experience. No one but a few fanboys wanted Snyder to "imagine the panels of the GN as duplicated live-action shots". That's just lame to the Nth degree. doh!

Word of mouth is horrendous on this movie. I havent seen it, but my brother, who is 23, and 6 of his friends all thought it was awful. 10 of my college buddies did not like it at all, while 1 saw it twice because he loved it. Even my dads friends got into the action, but they all hated it.

I really don't see how the studio imagined anyone but a rabid Alan Moore fanboy would love this movie. It is a brainless regurgitation of the graphic novel, which is a long, somewhat boring, plotless character study that only works on the page because Moore is such an exceptional writer.

And someone thought transferring a lifeless photocopy of the GN to film would be a great way to spend $150 million? lol

In order to work, they needed someone with the balls to make the changes needed to support a movie storyline and experience. No one but a few fanboys wanted Snyder to "imagine the panels of the GN as duplicated live-action shots". That's just lame to the Nth degree. doh!

After the success of 300 WB just figured Snyder knew what he was doing when it came to adapting graphic novels to the screen. as William Goldman famously said - when it comes to Hollywood "Nobody knows anything."

After the success of 300 WB just figured Snyder knew what he was doing when it came to adapting graphic novels to the screen. as William Goldman famously said - when it comes to Hollywood "Nobody knows anything."

this is the wisest post in this whole thread.

this is the wisest post in this whole thread.

Are you referring to yours or the last post you quoted? Because reading yours I felt as though I was standing under a cerebral water fall. :)

Watchmen_fanboy.jpg