• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tampa...next weekend....whose going?

47 posts in this topic

For anyone who is reluctant to come because of the new venue, I will reimburse your admission. Come to Mike Miles booth and give him your Forum name. He'll PM me with the list later, and I'll reimburse you with a Paypal payment. Good for up to five Forumites.

Now get out there and support the best local comic show in the state. :banana:

Great show!! Picked-up a very nice ASM129. Great to see all of the regulars. I like the new venue just fine.

LONG LIVE THE TAMPA SHOW :headbang:

Great show!! Picked-up a very nice ASM129. Great to see all of the regulars. I like the new venue just fine.

LONG LIVE THE TAMPA SHOW :headbang:

Nice to see you and the rest of the CFP there Bill. I thought the venue was fine, a bit of a drive for somebody from Tampa, but the quality of comics there met or exceeded Mega-Con. Some great books were on display for what is a little dinky regional show. (thumbs u

I agree, there was a little more of a selection at this smaller show than at Mega Con.

I was actually shocked by the level of quality of the offerings. Golden Age, Silver Age, Bronze Age all well represented with books from across the grade spectrum.

There were plenty of great books to be snagged out of the dollar bins (or rather the quarter and 50 cent bins). My buddy, who is a comic fan but hasn't been to a show in ages, spent $50 on t-shirts and reading material simply because the deals were too good to pass up. He was planning on spending $0. lol

Now, if we can only generate some more interest in this show to make it worthwhile for out of state dealers and collectors to attend. hm

george

This really is a good show.

I think the new venue hurt attendance, and also spending a bit. The fact that the costume contest which usualy has about 15 people entered in the over 12 category only had two this time. I also saw a couple of dealers pack it up around 2:00 and the truth is I could of left at that point as well.

Sales were a little below average, and as usual, I moved a wide variety of inventory. No big book sales this time ($250 plus) but quite a bit of low to mid grade SA sold. I always manage to sell at least one book that seemingly would never find a home. This time it was The Cowsills #1. :screwy:

The one thing that is a waste of time loading and bringing is slabs. The crowd there just doesn't care about graded books. A lot of them want to buy high grade books and are grade concious, but have no interest in slabs, except for the sporatic cutomer that is looking at a big key ar GA.

The best seller at this show is $1 books that are not 90's to present store overstock. I do well with low grade late BA and CA $1 books. The crowd, more than ever seems to be value concious. Perhaps why slabs don't get a look. Many still assume that anything in a slab is expensive or priced over guide.

I'm with Jive on this one. Often this show has everything you could want, Big GA books, SA Keys, high grade slabs, quality dollar material, and even dirt cheap reading material.

The new venue was easy to get to, and only a bit further away from the old one. It had ten times better lighting and a much easier laod in for dealers. It did seem a bit industrial and will be to small if the show does continur to grow.

Hopefully it wiil continue to grow. Florida needs a quality comic-con. The Mega-con has just become to much of an Anime and odd items show. I would like to see more buyers realize that the Tampa-Con has good material and come out, or make an overnight trip to attend. That would hopefully motivate more dealers to attend also.

This really is a good show.

I think the new venue hurt attendance, and also spending a bit. The fact that the costume contest which usualy has about 15 people entered in the over 12 category only had two this time. I also saw a couple of dealers pack it up around 2:00 and the truth is I could of left at that point as well.

Sales were a little below average, and as usual, I moved a wide variety of inventory. No big book sales this time ($250 plus) but quite a bit of low to mid grade SA sold. I always manage to sell at least one book that seemingly would never find a home. This time it was The Cowsills #1. :screwy:

The one thing that is a waste of time loading and bringing is slabs. The crowd there just doesn't care about graded books. A lot of them want to buy high grade books and are grade concious, but have no interest in slabs, except for the sporatic cutomer that is looking at a big key ar GA.

The best seller at this show is $1 books that are not 90's to present store overstock. I do well with low grade late BA and CA $1 books. The crowd, more than ever seems to be value concious. Perhaps why slabs don't get a look. Many still assume that anything in a slab is expensive or priced over guide.

I'm with Jive on this one. Often this show has everything you could want, Big GA books, SA Keys, high grade slabs, quality dollar material, and even dirt cheap reading material.

The new venue was easy to get to, and only a bit further away from the old one. It had ten times better lighting and a much easier laod in for dealers. It did seem a bit industrial and will be to small if the show does continur to grow.

Hopefully it wiil continue to grow. Florida needs a quality comic-con. The Mega-con has just become to much of an Anime and odd items show. I would like to see more buyers realize that the Tampa-Con has good material and come out, or make an overnight trip to attend. That would hopefully motivate more dealers to attend also.

Ditto.

I'll add one important point: they were selling Snickers bars for 25 cents at the concession stand; albeit the little ones, but 25 cent Snickers bars nevertheless.