• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I had the highest bid .... so why did I not win - EVEN MORE MESSED UP NOW ??????

5 posts in this topic

I am not too familar with how the Comicconnect system works

I bid on a book tonight and do not understand why I lost the auction.

There was a House Of Mystery 9.4 Wrightson cover with a GPA over $100

I threw in a thrill bid of $53 on it when the bidding was at $24 with 5 minutes to go

I was the current high bidder after the bid with a current highest bid of $44

And then I ended up losing the auction with the winning bidder having a winning bid of $49

How is this possible?

My bid of $53 was higher than the winning bid of $49

Yes, I realize I would have been unable to beat the bid of $49 by the required $5 amount, but that should be beside the point

When that other bidder put in their bid, they should have had to bid more than $53 (my highest bid) to take out my bid. This is the way the bidding would work on ebay.

Obviously Comicconnect has a different system, but it makes no sense to me. I was first to bid, and my maximum bid was higher than the eventual winning bid.

The result is the seller ends up with a lower amount than they could have had.

A I missing something here?

Apparently, I am not the only one who had bidding issues tonight...(there is a thread in Gold Comics for anyone who wants to read about it.)

However, mine is being resolved and Stephen has been very responsive to it...so Kudos to them for that. Send them a PM or call them and ask if they can look into it. (thumbs u

Apparently, I am not the only one who had bidding issues tonight...(there is a thread in Gold Comics for anyone who wants to read about it.)

However, mine is being resolved and Stephen has been very responsive to it...so Kudos to them for that. Send them a PM or call them and ask if they can look into it. (thumbs u

I'm not that upset over losing a $50 book ..... just a bit puzzled

In that price range, the bid increment is $1, so it should have resulted in you having a bid of $50 entered.

This gets stranger all the time. The bidding system they use is really messed up.

Depending on where I look, I get different auction results. At one link I am the winner at $51. At another link I am the loser at $49 winning bid.

This is really F'd up.

This is tthe link to the book.

At the top of that page it says:

This book has been sold. You were outbid,

And when I click on the link "My Losing Bids" the book is listed there.

But when I click on my Messages, I have an incoming message with this subject heading:

Auction Winner: HOUSE OF MYSTERY 209, NM

And when I click on that, it says I won the auction with a winning bid of $51.

It looks to me like there are some serious computer glitches in the ComicConnect bidding system.

With my auction, we are only talking about a $2 difference for the seller. No big deal.

But someone else reported a bidding problem that resulted in a $600 difference.

I would be scared to sell on ComicConnect with such obvious glitches in their bidding system. You could get seriously burned on the final price you get.