• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Steel City Con - April 24, 25 & 26th

24 posts in this topic

I am going to be there helping out my friend who is the owner of apocalypse comics of myrtle beach, SC. I've never been to the steel city before so im looking forward to it. This is also the first time my friend has set up at the show. He usually attends the Pittsburgh Comic Con and usually does pretty well. What are you going to be selling this year? Comics and toys i suppose?

Comics wise, usually not so much in terms of dealers, more oriented towards toys and other collectibles. But since Pittsburgh Comicon got pushed back to the fall, perhaps there might be more dealers. I don't think hotflips is making it to this one though. :(

I made the trek from Cleveland/Akron for Friday. The show had about 20-25 comic dealers and 50 or more toy dealers. I bought a lot of stuff from $1 bins and met a lot of nice people. The PISA was pretty big and HOT!!! They didn't turn the heat on until later in the day and the ceiling was leaking water down on people. I don't think the dealers really appreciated that. I did good, but I don't think the dealers were too happy with the Friday turnout. The admission was a pretty bad deal at $10. This was not much bigger than local shows for $3. It was just held in a bigger place and plenty of autograph guests were scheduled. I would not personally pay anything extra for those aspects. That is my show report 2 cents.

We did very well on Friday dealing mostly $1.00 books. I did sell a few from the board (GI Joe, X-men & Deadpool).

Saturday was dead

Sunday we knocked the books down to 50c and were able to move about 3 long boxes. I also sold a few of my board books late to a few other dealers which helped make my day. (thumbs u

As far as the location, it will be moving back to Monroeville in December to the new Expomart. :applause:

Well, I'm recovering from the 12 hour drive back to Myrtle Beach from the Steel City Con. We got lucky seeing as how the water always dripped on the opposite side of our comic boxes. Overall, our booth did pretty well for a show of its size and we met a lot of really nice people. BTW our booth was set up at G and H 1,2,3......Apocalypse Comics.

Sorry to hear the turnout wasn't that great, but it was a very nice weekend outdoors and the PISL was a bit out of the way for many people.

I see the website has been updated to identify the Monroeville Convention Center as the venue the December show.