• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Original Comic Art, How Should I Store It

18 posts in this topic

I have a splash page from Ult. Spider-man and my fiance wont let me hang it up. How should i store it so it doesnt get damaged in anyway.Is there anything i can buy that can protect it. Thanx for any help

My advise is to you is tell your fiance the wedding is off. Frame the art, hang it up. Take back the ring you got her and sell it to buy more Original art. thumbsup2.gif

Well i cant display it so im not looking to frame it . Is there anything i can store it it that will keep it stiff and not get bent. its an art page so its pretty big and im told its worth around $1000.I dont want to just keep it between two pieces of cardboard.Im not sure if that will hurt the paper and inks on the paper. I dont want to turn yellow on me.

Is there anything i can store it it that will keep it stiff and not get bent.

893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif

I think that's more a conversation between you and your fiancee.

Your Right! Your absolutely Right. I guess i should have worded it differently. But you made me laugh :

That is quite alright Professor66. Don't mind joe_collector...there are plenty of other people would who be glad to help you with keeping your stuff stiff and not get bent. Here is another thread which may be more helpful. Click me.

HI,

Mylar sleeves that fit comic art is readily available, just like the ones we used to use for comic books before CGC came along wink.gif

You can also buy a portfolio from any artist supply store, and place all your originals in it. That's what I do.

You don't have to worry about the paper lasting, fading or yellowing, as long as it's out of direct sunlight. If you do decide to frame it, make sure it's archivally framed (acid-free matting and boards, UV protection glass), and keep it out of sunlight or halogen.

Best,

I assume original art should be treated the same as comic art so. I keep my pieces in areas where there's non-direct lighting. I have can-lighting over one of them that's focused away. In another area I have track lighting above it to show it. You can get a deep glass frame, which would prevent people from touching it or reflections from light hitting it.

Brian

I believe its issue #29 page 2.It was my neighbors before i baught it. He was moving and asked if i wanted to buy it after he found out that i collected comics. I guess he needed some extra cash. Its my only piece so far. Hope to get more and to eventually have somewhere to hang them up.

I believe its issue #29 page 2.It was my neighbors before i baught it. He was moving and asked if i wanted to buy it after he found out that i collected comics. I guess he needed some extra cash. Its my only piece so far. Hope to get more and to eventually have somewhere to hang them up.

Could I ask if you paid $1000.00 for it?

No, I paid $425. He was asking $600. Its a real nice piece. Hopefully someday i will have an office or something and can hang it up. Maybe even sell it if the price is right.

>whew< I was... worried... to say the least. wink.gif Sounds like an excellent price! Congratulations! Make sure you take it to a reputable framer to have the work done. And acid-free is the way to go. thumbsup2.gif