• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

43 posts in this topic

Is Goon Avatar #1 the 1st appearance of Goon or is there some other obscure book?

Yes, it's Goon #1 avatar

Yes, though that statement has now come into dispute with the stepping forward of a book pre-dating Goon #1. Information will not be disseminated until I have secured my copy. Don't need you crazies driving up prices on me.

:baiting:

:acclaim:

Is Goon Avatar #1 the 1st appearance of Goon or is there some other obscure book?

Yes, it's Goon #1 avatar

Yes, though that statement has now come into dispute with the stepping forward of a book pre-dating Goon #1. Information will not be disseminated until I have secured my copy. Don't need you crazies driving up prices on me.

:baiting:

:acclaim:

(tsk)

I love your picture of Steve....hope you can make it to Philly (I know you have to get premission).

It's "PERmission," dingus. :makepoint:

HA Spelling "B" Champion! I see you are not drinking yet!

Nope. Not drinking...but... :devil:

79569-i64.photobucket.com-albums-h164-keltickelton-Linux-linux_ganjapenguine.jpg

yeah but wait just my opinion.. the reason why hulk 180 is a cameo is bacuse there was only 1 photo of him on the very last page>>> and it says now the wolverine... thats it.. so its a cameo... the book refering too that predates goon avatar has more then 1 photo has the whole page several photos and also partial cover... that would be more then a cameo in my eyes... I am gonna pay the 120 to have this book done in 1 day and we will see what cgc puts on the lable...

This is going to end up being one of the most controversial 1st appearance questions of the modern age. The storm clouds are brewing on this issue.

Are there any thoughts on the fact that the artwork was done for Goon #1 before the release of Avatar Illustrated 1998, hence why there is a spread from the first issue in it? Just a thought as I rolled this 1st appearance question around in my head... hm

Lebowski.. man oh man.. i just got off the phone w/ cgc and they told me the first full app is the avatar goon #1

shucks.. i went through well you wouldnt believe to get this book... anyhow it may get a cameo...I'm pretty down about it.

This is going to end up being one of the most controversial 1st appearance questions of the modern age. The storm clouds are brewing on this issue.

Are there any thoughts on the fact that the artwork was done for Goon #1 before the release of Avatar Illustrated 1998, hence why there is a spread from the first issue in it? Just a thought as I rolled this 1st appearance question around in my head... hm

Why'd you tell everybody Lebowski... WHY?? :makepoint:

:gossip: 'Cause by that time I already had my copy.

lol

It was something that couldn't remain a "secret" forever, but now the floodgates are open. With the auctions now on eBay, this book is starting to get a lot of attention. I'm not positive what sort of prices this book will command later down the line, but Bobby's 9.6 copy went for just over $200. I'd expect the 9.8 copy to easily hit $300+, with a likely hammer price of around $350.

Since we're on the subject of Goon. The #1 Avater press issue just hit over the $600 for a CGC 9.8 on e-bay.

I would be AMAZED to see it go for the previous price of $900.

Of course, that doesn't mean it won't happen! doh!

:gossip: 'Cause by that time I already had my copy.

lol

It was something that couldn't remain a "secret" forever, but now the floodgates are open. With the auctions now on eBay, this book is starting to get a lot of attention. I'm not positive what sort of prices this book will command later down the line, but Bobby's 9.6 copy went for just over $200. I'd expect the 9.8 copy to easily hit $300+, with a likely hammer price of around $350.

OK but is this book rare? I dont think an ad even comes close to cementing an actual appearance. For example, gobbledygook 1 has a TMNT ad but the reason that is so valuable is because it is so incredibely rare.