• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Speculation time - most expensive 1990s books FIVE YEARS from now??

93 posts in this topic

Hey, speaking of the Morlocks, remember the cool cover where Kitty Pryde and Caliban were ready to be married? I think he had a tophat on, and she was crying. Classic stuff!

Yes I remember that. Sort of like the Beetlejuice movie with Wynona Rider. Probably came out at about the same time. There was another pretty cool Morlock character that they should have used more back then. Don't remember her name, but she was a healer and also had the power to change a persons appearance (sort of like mutant plastic surgery). Think of all the story plots you could have with a character like that. I also think she could cause diseases as well as heal. In fact, if she didn't get killed in later issues maybe she could have cured Colosus and he wouldn't of had to die. I liked that character. Don't know why Marvel off'd him.

If I remember right, it was pretty soon after this that she turned punk...maybe within the next 10-15 issues after the Morlock story.... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Maybe something went on with Storm and that eyepatch lady (think her name was Calisto or something) in those tunnels that had an effect on her? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Actually, seriously (as serious as we can get on the boards anyway! tongue.gif), I think that fight with Calisto was one of the influences on her change. I think I remember Storm explaining that in one of the issues.

Hey, speaking of the Morlocks, remember the cool cover where Kitty Pryde and Caliban were ready to be married? I think he had a tophat on, and she was crying. Classic stuff!

Yes I remember that. Sort of like the Beetlejuice movie with Wynona Rider. Probably came out at about the same time. There was another pretty cool Morlock character that they should have used more back then. Don't remember her name, but she was a healer and also had the power to change a persons appearance (sort of like mutant plastic surgery). Think of all the story plots you could have with a character like that. I also think she could cause diseases as well as heal. In fact, if she didn't get killed in later issues maybe she could have cured Colosus and he wouldn't of had to die. I liked that character. Don't know why Marvel off'd him.

Her name was Masque, and she became leader of the Morlocks after Callisto left (insert more paralell dimension stuff here) with Peter Rasputin.

Ororo went punk thanks to the influence of some friend of Wolverine's named Yukio. Happened in one of their Japanese adventures, maybe right after Secret Wars. #172?

The fight with Callisto and becoming leader of the Morlocks was, if I'm not mistaken, a direct result of Kitty having to marry Caliban. Challenging Callisto for leadership was the only way to get them all out.

And on a semi-unrelated side note, the Morlock who could cause/cure disease was Plague. She became Pestilence, one of Apocalypse's crew.

I loved those mid-to late 80s X-Men.

Favorite arc was the two-issue one when Kulan Gath changes New York to a modern day Hyboria. When it was over, I was like WTF? Because I couldn't exactly figure out what Doc Strange had done to set things right again. (What, Spidey's not dead? The Avengers aren't pushing up daiseys?) Took me a re-read to figure out what had happened.

Favorite cover of that time was the black one by Paul Smith that featured Wolverine in the foreground and Rogue in the background.

Also, Nimrod, what the hell ever happened to that creep?

Favorite arc was the two-issue one when Kulan Gath changes New York to a modern day Hyboria. When it was over, I was like WTF? Because I couldn't exactly figure out what Doc Strange had done to set things right again. (What, Spidey's not dead? The Avengers aren't pushing up daiseys?) Took me a re-read to figure out what had happened.

Favorite cover of that time was the black one by Paul Smith that featured Wolverine in the foreground and Rogue in the background.

I think Nimrod died at the hands of Buttkiss. confused-smiley-013.gif Seriously though, the last I saw of him was around X-men #200. Think wolverine did a number on him, but not sure. Wasn't he from some future time like the Bishop and Pheonex II?

Ororo went punk thanks to the influence of some friend of Wolverine's named Yukio. Happened in one of their Japanese adventures, maybe right after Secret Wars. #172?

The fight with Callisto and becoming leader of the Morlocks was, if I'm not mistaken, a direct result of Kitty having to marry Caliban. Challenging Callisto for leadership was the only way to get them all out.

And on a semi-unrelated side note, the Morlock who could cause/cure disease was Plague. She became Pestilence, one of Apocalypse's crew.

So is Plague dead? I admit I didn't pay much attention to what was going on in the comic world from 1993-98. I missed a lot of the Apocalypse stuff. I just wished they would have used her to cure that virus that was killing all the mutants instead of off'n Collosus. What really confuses me is that they kill him in the regular Universe, but make him part of the Ultimate Universe. If he is a great enough character to be part of the Ultimate Universe then they should have not killed him in the Marvel Universe. sign-rantpost.gif

Her name was Masque, and she became leader of the Morlocks after Callisto left (insert more paralell dimension stuff here) with Peter Rasputin.

After reading the post after this I am beginning to think there were 2 different Morlocks. Masque is the one that could manipulate a persons skin and make them look different and plague who could heal or cause disease. Is that correct?

Hey, not that I'm complaining, but hasn't this thread gotten way... sign-offtopic.gif

Maybe we should just re-name the thread, so other people know what we're talking about right now, and get them in on it.

Doesn't the person who started the thread have to re-name it? Don't know why I went off on a tangent. Guess I was just trying to start trouble again, but failed. Darn it.

I think Nimrod died at the hands of Buttkiss. confused-smiley-013.gif Seriously though, the last I saw of him was around X-men #200. Think wolverine did a number on him, but not sure. Wasn't he from some future time like the Bishop and Pheonex II?

He was like a Super Sentinel from the Rachel timeline, I believe. And I never heard a peep out of him after 200 either. Of course, I quite reading X-Men around issue 290 or so, so I don't know what happened.

All I know was he was the baddest Mother F'er ever to wear Pink. tongue.gif

He was like a Super Sentinel from the Rachel timeline, I believe. And I never heard a peep out of him after 200 either. Of course, I quite reading X-Men around issue 290 or so, so I don't know what happened.

I thought he evolved into Bastion......?? confused-smiley-013.gif

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif His name is Nimrod and he wears pink. Gee, I don't understand why they wouldn't keep a villain like that around. I think he must be hiding in Northstar's closet somewhere.

In an attempt to get back on topic is Alpha Flight #107 (I think that was the number of the issue that Northstar came out) worth anything? Is it considered a key? I bet some people who post in here have boxes of that issue. Might be the sleeper comic of the 1990s.

You mean you don't have one?....The price on that one is gonna go through the roof on that issue..... gossip.gifgossip.gif

In an attempt to get back on topic is Alpha Flight #107 (I think that was the number of the issue that Northstar came out) worth anything? Is it considered a key? I bet some people who post in here have boxes of that issue. Might be the sleeper comic of the 1990s.

You mean you don't have one?....The price on that one is gonna go through the roof on that issue..... gossip.gifgossip.gif

Nah. I stopped reading Alpha Flight regularly shortly after they killed off the Vindicator in issue #12. After they made his widow the "new" Vindicator I knew there was no hope for the series. They also messed up the character I thought had the most potential "Puck." They gave him some weird origin and I can remember him growing from his normal 3' height to 6'. Didn't Sasquatch (spelling?) turn into a babe as well?

Nah. I stopped reading Alpha Flight regularly shortly after they killed off the Vindicator in issue #12. After they made his widow the "new" Vindicator I knew there was no hope for the series. They also messed up the character I thought had the most potential "Puck." They gave him some weird origin and I can remember him growing from his normal 3' height to 6'. Didn't Sasquatch (spelling?) turn into a babe as well?

I stopped reading it around then as well. I think the last issue I bought was #13 (Wolverine on the cover?). Why in god's name are they doing an Alpha Flight series for the third time? shocked.gif