• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Speculation time - most expensive 1990s books FIVE YEARS from now??

93 posts in this topic

Well, since we discussed the candidates for most expensive 90s books in the other thread, I thought it might be fun to fuel the speculative fires a little bit wink.gif and see what people think might be the most expensive 90s books five years from now. No variants, no hardcovers, no graphic novels. Raw NM, we're not talking about graded values. Let's hear top ten ranking and/or actual predicted values. sumo.gif

Here are the candidates culled from the other thread:

Elseworlds 80 pg giant

GI Joe 155

GI Joe special

Bone #1,2

I Lusiphur #1,2

Akira 38

Punisher kills the Marvel Universe

Witchblade #1

Birds of Prey #8

US 310

US 318

Adventurous Scrooge McDuck #2

Lone Wolf 44,45

Harbringer 1

Rai 3,4

Magnus 12

Cry for Dawn 2,3

Miracleman 23,24

X-men 266

Hulk #8

Next Men #21

League of EXtraordinary Gentlemen #1

100 Bullets #1

San Diego Comic Con #2

Hellblazer 41,54,56

Best Cellar 1

Preacher 1

Solar 10

Bloodshot Last Stand

XO 68

Bloodshot 51

ooops, it said top 10

next men #21

san diego comic con #2

i think these two are going to shock people. According to the standard catalog, the #21 is the lowest print run issue! #2 is pretty damn tough, i think these have a great future

gi joe special edition & gi joe 155 - the age bracket is right

bone 1 - well, its bone #1, even if it dips its still among the most expensive

elseworlds 80- pager - same as above

i am going on a limb for the other 4

best cellar #1 - i think eric powell has a great future, i think the goon has potential for other media, and its print run is under 1000 from what i hear

uncle scrooge #310 & 318 - the numbers just are no where near demand, IF the gemstone line keeps plugging along, these will have greater & greater demand

akira #38 - wild card manga pioneer, why not?!?!?!

Here are my bets..

Elseworlds 80 pg giant

Bone 1

GI Joe 155 ( I don't like the special for staying power... it's a friggin reprint)

I Lusiphur #1 (only 1000 printed, I think blush.gif)

San Diego Comic Con #2

Akira 38

Punisher kills the Marvel Universe

Witchblade #1

Cry for Dawn 2

Miracleman 24

It was pulped by DC and was never released in the US. A few (300? 500?) made it out of a printer in Scotland and were snatched up quickly by some enterprising dealers and made it over here. I had a bunch of them right when they came out and was selling them for $200-$250 easily. I'm sure the price has dropped significantly then, as the offending story "Superbaby's Babysitter" has been reprinted in a couple of volumes.

The story, btw, is really quite amusing.

We probably should be listing the books that were available on the shelf

in the comic shop, just like all the other regular books...

That is, anyone could have bought one off the "newstand" in their local comic shop.

San Diego Con #2 doesn't apply.

Elseworlds Annual doesn't really apply, since the U.S. is 90% of the market...

You could argue that Valiant's Harbinger #0 Pink and Magnus #0 were both

"available" to anyone who purchased the regular comics off the shelf

and sent in the "clip-out" coupons... but I don't really think they fit this list either.

news.gifBecause of the upcoming comic market crash all of these books will be worthless in 5 years. tonofbricks.gif However, the smart people will invest in HG copies of Hulk #181 because it will be unaffected by the crash and actually increase in value. devil.gif.

Hulk #181's you say, huh?.......very interesting..... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

news.gifBecause of the upcoming comic market crash all of these books will be worthless in 5 years. tonofbricks.gif However, the smart people will invest in HG copies of Hulk #181 because it will be unaffected by the crash and actually increase in value. devil.gif.

It's true I tell you. Ask anyone. 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

It's true I tell you. Ask anyone. 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

Sure I believe you...I've never read any of your other posts on here, so I'll just trust you on this one..... insane.gifinsane.gif

Hulk 181 creeps in and poisons another cool, interesting thread frown.gif

although maybe back on topic and along the same lines of hulk vs Wolverine apps - Hulk 8 vol3 - I didn't care for the cover myself having bought and read Hulk 340 off the shelves but the Hulk 8 has growing potential

Hulk 181 creeps in and poisons another cool, interesting thread frown.gif

although maybe back on topic and along the same lines of hulk vs Wolverine apps - Hulk 8 vol3 - I didn't care for the cover myself having bought and read Hulk 340 off the shelves but the Hulk 8 has growing potential

I have never seen the a copy of Hulk #8. Do you have a scan you can post?