• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ASM #277 in 10.0...

10 posts in this topic

I seem to remember capt_comics mentioning someone he knows who submitted this puppy and got the perfect 10. In the current Oversteet Guide, it books at 7.00 in NM-. It is now on the ComicLink auction and will be ending in a couple of hours.

The book is at 550.00 now. :whatthe: I wouldn't be shocked to see it go for over 1,000. The oldest Spidey in 10.0 (1986). Anybody think it'll go over 2,000? All it takes, as is often said, is two lunatics...and ASM is the most-collected title...and there are those very serious HG label chasers...

Thoughts? :popcorn:

It sold for 1,300. :whatthe:

Here's an interesting juxtaposition: in the same auction, an AF #15 (CRM/OW) with a detached cover went for 78 dollars less. Which one is preferable? :think:

I don't think $1300 for that book is totally out of whack. Considering 301 in 9.8 went for over $1000 not too too long ago, it seems like that value is in line.

People are always shocked when copper Spideys sell so much, but a LOT of people collect HG Spidey in this issue range and there aren't quite as many books to go around for all the issues as people think (some there are.)

10.0 prices are always high, and this seems a more sensible buy to me than most.

That said, I have no love for coverless comics. So I am 100% biased.

-Rob-

Here's an interesting juxtaposition: in the same auction, an AF #15 (CRM/OW) with a detached cover went for 78 dollars less. Which one is preferable? :think:

I don't think $1300 for that book is totally out of whack. Considering 301 in 9.8 went for over $1000 not too too long ago, it seems like that value is in line.

People are always shocked when copper Spideys sell so much, but a LOT of people collect HG Spidey in this issue range and there aren't quite as many books to go around for all the issues as people think (some there are.)

10.0 prices are always high, and this seems a more sensible buy to me than most.

-Rob-

C'mon Rob. $1300 for a book that might sell for $10 if it was raw? Give the slab a shake...and the book is bin fodder.

-Rob-

C'mon Rob. $1300 for a book that might sell for $10 if it was raw? Give the slab a shake...and the book is bin fodder.

The price is exorbitant, to be sure, but I don't believe it's out of line for similar books. Now whether a buyer takes SCS into account, etc. is another matter. But there's a valid market for label-buyers out there and that impacts prices.

To the question of a coverless AF15 or a 10 ASM 277? I still take the ASM 277. That's just me, and there's certainly room to disagree. But the simple fact that the price was paid strongly indicates the market does exist in this manner. I remember instances of a number of different moderns going for prices like this. Back when I used to read Wizard (long time ago, I'll grant you) there used to be a column dedicated to these types of sales.

Would I pay 1300 for it? No, but I don't buy 10.0 books either.

And yes, some of my post is devil's advocate. But comparatively, I truly would prefer the ASM 277 despite the fact AF15 is my grail. (I wouldn't pay the price for either, to be perfectly up front.)

-Rob-

10.0s are gems that rarely pop up, so people could pay pretty high prices for them. Would anyone know if there are any 9.9 or 10.0s Web 1s? Just asking cause I am sending out about 10 of them (with pre-screening of course) in hopes of getting one of them. Also wondering about ASM 275.

10.0s are gems that rarely pop up, so people could pay pretty high prices for them. Would anyone know if there are any 9.9 or 10.0s Web 1s? Just asking cause I am sending out about 10 of them (with pre-screening of course) in hopes of getting one of them. Also wondering about ASM 275.

You can check the census on this website and find out.