• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post Your ComicLink Losses!! :((

38 posts in this topic

ASM #70 9.6 Rocky Mountain....I bid $500... :gossip: it went for $1100

I bid up on that one up to $400 and a few of the other Rocky Mountain ASMs (67 & 95) and ASM 96 with the Diamond insert, which I was sniped at the last minute...lost by $10. :frustrated:

Why are you guys trying to bogard on my issue?? :baiting:

racking up the losses quite nicely tonight. 10 for 10 so far.
That's because you bidded to win.

"collecting is a marathon not a sprint"- TM

Haven't done me one of these in a while:

(worship)

So why are you bidding on books when you are starting a FS thread to pay your bills? :baiting:

enormous disparity between 9.6's and 9.8's of the same book in the GL's. gotta have the best mentality allows you to pay 7x for a 9.8 what a 9.6 sells for.

Nutty, nutty prices on some of those books. Especially given what the 9.6s are selling for.

I lost. I lost a G note on a book I listed.

:cry:

It's a shame the book you listed wasn't that Hulk 2 8.0 ow that sold for OVER $3600.

That guy is dancing around his living room. :banana:

This hobby is getting silly.

It's a shame the book you listed wasn't that Hulk 2 8.0 ow that sold for OVER $3600.

I did bid more than $3,000 on that #2 and still I lost... :(

The grade on that one was 9.0/8.0/8.0, excellent resubmission candidate and I must confess that the book looks better than 8.0 but for $3,612 ??! :o

enormous disparity between 9.6's and 9.8's of the same book in the GL's. gotta have the best mentality allows you to pay 7x for a 9.8 what a 9.6 sells for.

Nutty, nutty prices on some of those books. Especially given what the 9.6s are selling for.

i wondered in another thread if this might happen. i wouldn't have been too thrilled to have a 9.6 in the auction and then see a 9.8 of the same book. a couple of the GL 9.6's went for guide and a half.

So why are you bidding on books when you are starting a FS thread to pay your bills? :baiting:

Because we have a running joke as to who is going to collect the most ASM 70 9.6's apparantly :sumo:

I got outbid on EVERYTHING i bid on, including this book and the Hulk 180 cgc 9.6. :( Of course I forgot to bid on the HOS 92 9.0 doh! but at least a fellow boardie won it.

Because we have a running joke as to who is going to collect the most ASM 70 9.6's apparantly :sumo:

I got outbid on EVERYTHING i bid on, including this book and the Hulk 180 cgc 9.6. :( Of course I forgot to bid on the HOS 92 9.0 doh! but at least a fellow boardie won it.

Where can I send the flowers as a "Thank you" for letting me win my dream HOS 92? :foryou:

My first CGC Board Post and I am having to defend myself.

I am not sure that $3,612 is that crazy for the 7th Marvel Super Hero Comic. I mean a Hulk #1 8.0 went for something like $30,000 recently.

Anyways as the winner of the book I am happy with what I paid. I was hoping to get it around $3,000 and not the 60% premium to Overstreet that I paid. It was the one book up for auction that I wanted (and I got a good deal on some other books). I paid $3,500 for my FF #2 CGC 8.0 a while back and the Hulk is much rarer.

It will not be resubmitted but rather it will be winging its way over to me in Hong Kong and getting tucked away in my collection forever like all my early Marvels.

You want crazy prices those early JIM's went for stupid amounts. I really wanted to add the JIM 87 to my collection but only for half of the $1,601 that it went for.