• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Didn't know he was that popular a character..

22 posts in this topic

Kanye West Joins 'Family Guy' Spin-Off

(March 17) - Kanye West has officially signed on to take part in the animated series, 'The Cleveland Show.' The rapper accepted an offer from FOX executives to lay down the voice as "not-so-mega-star rapper" Kenny West. The 'Family Guy' spin-off is set to premiere in the fall, PEOPLE reports.

Executives approached West about the role after reading one of the rapper's online blogs in which he noted his excitement for the new show.

"We knew Kanye was a big 'Family Guy' fan because he invited [creator] Seth [MacFarlane] to his house a year or two ago," adds Henry. "And there was a mention on his blog when the spin-off was announced that he was excited about it. We knew he was a big fan and a lot of us are fans of his."

"It was surprising to us that [he] was so into it that he came to the table [read], and wonderfully surprising how cool he was, how funny he was and how unassuming he was," executive producer Mike Henry said. "He's just a great presence."

West spent three hours in the studio Friday and even managed to write some of his lines for the show. "Before we came to the table ... there was only one line he didn't love and he came up with another idea and in a completely modest, nice way said, 'Would you mind if I changed just this one line?' And our feeling was, how many raps have we written? One? And how many has he written? Be our guest!"

Hahahah whatever I love Kanye West, so I'm really excited for this.

He is a no good piece of mess person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed bag . :foryou:

Kanye West. The Anti-Rapper.

He claims to make hip hop.

All I hear is krap that upscale white kids blast at college frat parties.

I like my rap with gangsta's.

Hell Rell :sumo:

Kanye is a bytch.

56642-rapcrapsm.jpg

I used to think that way to (being a fan of classic rock)...but some of the "old school" stuff isn't bad (LL Cool J, Run DMC, etc..) before it got into the "kill the cops" mode.

I used to think that way to (being a fan of classic rock)...but some of the "old school" stuff isn't bad (LL Cool J, Run DMC, etc..) before it got into the "kill the cops" mode.

I'm not a fan of current 'gangsta rap' either, but Ice T's venture into thrash metal via 'Bodycount' was awesome, with such songs as 'Cop Killer' and 'KKK spoon'. I like to listen to that and then watch an episode of Law & Order:SVU.

"Hi, my name's Ice-T, I would like to audition for a part in your film, New Jack City, for the part of an undercover narcotics officer."

Director: "OK, what acting experience do you have? And, are you now, or have you ever been, a police officer?"

"No, but I'm an OG rapper, and I sing about greasing pigs."

Perfect! You have the part, and I know some guys making a Law & Order show regarding sex victims you'd be perfect as a detective in....because you of all people should know that pimpin' ain't easy!

aaaand...scene!

56642-rapcrapsm.jpg

I take rap as the comedy relief of music.

If the music is making you laugh or dance it's cool, but when we take it too seriously

that is when I think it turns sour.

A good example is that I think the B Boys are talented and produce some great material

but a few years ago they created an album that was very political and it was natural that it

fell flat...

Because who really wants to listen to that BS???

hm

I'm not a fan of current 'gangsta rap' either, but Ice T's venture into thrash metal via 'Bodycount' was awesome, with such songs as 'Cop Killer' and 'KKK spoon'. I like to listen to that and then watch an episode of Law & Order:SVU.

"Hi, my name's Ice-T, I would like to audition for a part in your film, New Jack City, for the part of an undercover narcotics officer."

Director: "OK, what acting experience do you have? And, are you now, or have you ever been, a police officer?"

"No, but I'm an OG rapper, and I sing about greasing pigs."

Perfect! You have the part, and I know some guys making a Law & Order show regarding sex victims you'd be perfect as a detective in....because you of all people should know that pimpin' ain't easy!

aaaand...scene!

LOVE Bodycount. High School memories...............Love me some SVU as well. Mariska :luhv:

56642-rapcrapsm.jpg

I take rap as the comedy relief of music.

If the music is making you laugh or dance it's cool, but when we take it too seriously

that is when I think it turns sour.

A good example is that I think the B Boys are talented and produce some great material

but a few years ago they created an album that was very political and it was natural that it

fell flat...

Because who really wants to listen to that BS???

hm

No.. That would be country.

I love rap for the metaphors. And the sweet lyrics.

"Got me a desert, need a thrower cuz' my hands hurtin' "

Can you translate?