• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Christmas market slump is coming!

24 posts in this topic

Trend seems to be the same for the last 15 years. Things start to pick up in Feb/March. Picks up more steam around Wonder Con (right around new price guide). Tops out around San Diego con. If the so called "comic crash" ever does happen, I'd look for it in early Jan.

No - this is just the start or the foreplay if you will for the big one. A crash of seismic proportions - a disaster of biblical old testament scale! It is only the beginning. Haven't you been reading all this [!@#%^&^] about the crash that actually starts in only 13 days? Yeesh!

Haven't you been reading all this [!@#%^&^] about the crash that actually starts in only 13 days? Yeesh!

Once again I'll remind those (who obviously don't own a calender or know how to use one) that 2004 is like any other year, and includes a full 12 months.

Look it up, it's true!! makepoint.gif

No - this is just the start or the foreplay if you will for the big one. A crash of seismic proportions - a disaster of biblical old testament scale! It is only the beginning. Haven't you been reading all this [!@#%^&^] about the crash that actually starts in only 13 days? Yeesh!

Yeah, the Turtle and I are pretty excited about this...we've been saving our money for the crash (2 weeks from today!) to be able to finally upgrade our early Spidey/FF's. Of course, I hope the kids enjoy Dad's old model airplanes and army men for Christmas, as I would be a fool to not save every penny to take advantage of this unique opportunity.

Yeah, the Turtle and I are pretty excited about this...we've been saving our money for the crash (2 weeks from today!)

Why do people show their stupidity for all to see?

2004 calenders are free at the bank, and if you need help with those big numbers, I'm more than willing to help. thumbsup2.gif

Yep - that sounds like a great plan! I would say if you have over 10 slabs you better hide. I think it will kind of be like that movie 28 Days Later - only worse. About the calendar Joe keeps mentioning - what about those of us on the Hebrew or Chinese calendar?

Yep - that sounds like a great plan! I would say if you have over 10 slabs you better hide. I think it will kind of be like that movie 28 Days Later - only worse. About the calendar Joe keeps mentioning - what about those of us on the Hebrew or Chinese calendar?

Well, for those of you on the Chinese calendar, I believe the crash 893scratchchin-thumb.gif begins in February, right?..

Yeah, the Turtle and I are pretty excited about this...we've been saving our money for the crash (2 weeks from today!)

Why do people show their stupidity for all to see?

2004 calenders are free at the bank, and if you need help with those big numbers, I'm more than willing to help. thumbsup2.gif

But I'm sure some believe that they will wake up on Jan 1st, and the market will be crashing all around them....Personally, I'll be...... sleeping.gif

Is this crash going to be anything like Y2K?

Probably! The turtle still has over 200 gallons of fresh water and fifty pounds of dried shrimp stored in the cellar... 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

All joking aside, kudos again to comicsheet for providing us with updates to the indeces graphs! thumbsup2.gif

Yeah, the Turtle and I are pretty excited about this...we've been saving our money for the crash (2 weeks from today!) to be able to finally upgrade our early Spidey/FF's. Of course, I hope the kids enjoy Dad's old model airplanes and army men for Christmas, as I would be a fool to not save every penny to take advantage of this unique opportunity.

Send me your old army men and I'll see that your kids have a few presents from Santa. thumbsup2.gif

Send me your old army men and I'll see that your kids have a few presents from Santa. thumbsup2.gif

Hmmm...my old army men aren't typical, rather, they're proto-typical and wouldn't grade out very high I'm afraid. I used to cut them up and melt them together to create "super" army men. The coolest editions mix weapons from the medieval, civil war, wild west, and WWII eras!

893scratchchin-thumb.gif Would these be considered restored...or qualified??

A lot of sellers probably really need the money to pay off the credit card balances they ran up during the holiday shopping season, or maybe a lot of potential buyers don't have the money to bid, for the same reason...

The root cause is irrelevant, the only thing that matters is more books for the buck!!