• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Check out my C-Link win.....AF15 UN-slabbed by yours truly!

71 posts in this topic

Slabbed = flipping it, will sell it, might sell it in the future.

Cracked = I don't plan to sell it

Enjoy the AF15.

Exactly!

I've had some nice books that were slabbed that i had no intention of selling but sold them on a whim and regret it. One was a ASM #27 8.5 that looked like a 9.4 that i sold to Nerf. I've regretted it since i packed it up to ship.

Now if I buy a book and it looks good when i get it, it gets cracked out and put in the permanent collection.

I would have cracked that AF15 out of the slab the instant i unpacked it.

Thanks for all the comments. (This is my last post to this thread so we can make room for other collector's threads).

I just enjoy having "ownership" of my books.Slabs, although important, make me feel "distant" from the book. I've got some history on this book and it's been flipped so many times the pancake batter isn't dry!

It deserves a nice home and it finally has one. Keep in mind that many of us oldies have enjoyed decades of comics before the slab was invented.

Brannon

Thanks for all the comments. (This is my last post to this thread so we can make room for other collector's threads).

I just enjoy having "ownership" of my books.Slabs, although important, make me feel "distant" from the book. I've got some history on this book and it's been flipped so many times the pancake batter isn't dry!

It deserves a nice home and it finally has one. Keep in mind that many of us oldies have enjoyed decades of comics before the slab was invented.

Brannon

:applause:

Brannon

:applause:

That's the way a true collector talks! :golfclap: I'm glad that beaut is going to a great home sitting next to a FF #1 in the same condition. It's great to hear that you are actually enjoying the boook by de-slabbing it and handling the book in your hands. I have yet to do that, but for now, I'm very pleased with what I have.

I know you didn't but some of the posters make it sound like he did something wrong.

Anyhow, who cares what people think I should do with my comics. I'll rub them on my arse if that floats my goat.

R.

I have mental picture of Qualified label coming back from CGC with "Shows signs of arse rubbage" :D

I know you didn't but some of the posters make it sound like he did something wrong.

Anyhow, who cares what people think I should do with my comics. I'll rub them on my arse if that floats my goat.

R.

Whatever, yogurt boy.