• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ComicLink Art auction

5 posts in this topic

Hey Guys, amazingly I have never bid in a Comiclink auction before. I just registered and was wondering if anyone can give me some advice. I am pretty savey with Ebay and Heritage and how they work as far as sniping and max bids and such. What I was wondering about Comiclink is how much bids jump, on average, in the last hours and how much bidding is just pure sniping near the end. Do you guys trust putting in a large Maximum bid and let it ride or snipe? There are a bunch of pages I am very interested in but wanted a little perspective on the process. Thanks in advance!

Jay

Hi Jay!

I haven't bid on a Comiclink item in a long time, but my sense of it now is that you can expect a big jump in the last day/hour on most prized pieces. I wouldn't try to time a snipe like you can on Ebay, however; the website doesn't seem as finely tuned to try to get it down to the last second. Maybe put in your top bid with a few minutes left?

Again, I'm no expert and hope others can offer their experiences. Good luck if you bid -- any good Avengers splashes in there???

Dan