• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

eBayyyyy!!!!!!!!1

32 posts in this topic

Basically the same copy sold for $20.

FF #75

Of course, this guy called it a NM-.

At least he had a few big pictures to illustrate what a horrible grader he is though.

My copy is probably nicer than that! My grading in the lower grades is getting better.

OK so..

A. How do you look up an auction if it already ended?

and

B. I try to use good scans to illustrate the grade properly, but they never show the flaws correctly. I have played with the brightness and contrast a little. Should I go brighter or will this wash the picture out??

I am honest and competent so there is no way I like losing money on my books! HELP

You looked at the auction I referred you to, Photobucket or Auctiva is probably a good place to start. Keep in mind if you're trying to sell RAW comics with very low feedback, there is a segment of us knuckleheads that would really doubt whether or not you've checked for things like missing pages or color touch or centerfolds detached, and you're results might not be as great as an established high volume seller. This probably cost you $15.....you'll live.

Ok, so i posted a VF copy of Fantastic Four #75 on ebay using turbo lister. Not to mention all the other @@#$%%^&*& problems I have had over the last week with the program, when I created the listing I put a reserve of $50 on it to at least get my money back right! Wrong! when the listing was uploaded the reserve was nort in place. This is the first time I have tried to use a reserve mind you, so I was not sure if I would see the icon until a bid was placed. Long story short, by the time I figured out that the resreve was not in place it was too late! A bid was made and I could not revise the item. The book just sold for $11!!! I can't believe this #$%@. Sorry...just need to vent. Someone give me some uplifting feedback please... :frustrated: I need a drink or ten doh!

Sorry to hear that. Couldn't you have just ended the listing?

FF #75

At least he had a few big pictures to illustrate what a horrible grader he is though.

:o

Christonabike, if that POS scrapes FN, I'm Mahatma Gandhi. doh!

But it's got GLOSS!!!!

FF #75

My copy is probably nicer than that! My grading in the lower grades is getting better.

OK so..

A. How do you look up an auction if it already ended?

and

B. I try to use good scans to illustrate the grade properly, but they never show the flaws correctly. I have played with the brightness and contrast a little. Should I go brighter or will this wash the picture out??

I am honest and competent so there is no way I like losing money on my books! HELP

You looked at the auction I referred you to, Photobucket or Auctiva is probably a good place to start. Keep in mind if you're trying to sell RAW comics with very low feedback, there is a segment of us knuckleheads that would really doubt whether or not you've checked for things like missing pages or color touch or centerfolds detached, and you're results might not be as great as an established high volume seller. This probably cost you $15.....you'll live.

Seconded. It's too bad you lost some money and I don't mean to rub salt in, but there is no way you would have gotten close to $50 for that book. I'm not even sure if some of the ebay heavy hitters would have been able to pull in that much for it.

Seconded. It's too bad you lost some money and I don't mean to rub salt in, but there is no way you would have gotten close to $50 for that book. I'm not even sure if some of the ebay heavy hitters would have been able to pull in that much for it.

If your not SNE or J&S, you'd be lucky to get $30 for a sharp VF.

Ok, so i posted a VF copy of Fantastic Four #75 on ebay using turbo lister. Not to mention all the other @@#$%%^&*& problems I have had over the last week with the program, when I created the listing I put a reserve of $50 on it to at least get my money back right! Wrong! when the listing was uploaded the reserve was nort in place. This is the first time I have tried to use a reserve mind you, so I was not sure if I would see the icon until a bid was placed. Long story short, by the time I figured out that the resreve was not in place it was too late! A bid was made and I could not revise the item. The book just sold for $11!!! I can't believe this #$%@. Sorry...just need to vent. Someone give me some uplifting feedback please... :frustrated: I need a drink or ten doh!

Sorry to hear that. Couldn't you have just ended the listing?

(thumbs u

The auction had time. You could, and should, have simply ended it.

Lesson to learn: always, always, always check your auctions to make sure everything is correct at the time you list them.

Oh, and if you truly don't want to sell it, just tell the buyer you screwed up, and take the neg if they give it. Maybe they will, maybe they won't. Call eBay, they'll be able to sympathize, if not actually help you.

Or tell the buyer your dog took a leak on the book but you are still willing to sell it to them if they really want it. I am willing to bet they do not take you up on the offer.

dog.gif

75-1.jpg