• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Show us your worst!

17 posts in this topic

What modern cover do you revile the most and why?

For me it can only be DD 196.

The setup: Millers fantastic run of Daredevil had ended a few months before, yet I was still picking up (the now very mediocre) DD issues on the chance that they would get great again. That all ended when 196 hit the stands. DD and the X-Men (Especially Wolverine) were my favorites at the time (with Clairmont/Byrne X-Men and Miller Daredevil, it's not hard to see why) and this book pretty much manages to make a mockery of both.

21267019774.196.D.STEPHENS.GIF

The commentary: Take a look at this cover (I know it's hard)

1. Wolverine's claws are coming out of the bottom of his hands?!?

2. DId wolvie grow 2 feet taller? We all know he is a short man, but look at the guy he is holding, is he beating up 9 year olds or midgets here?

3. Is it just me or is Wolverine's right arm growing out of his ribs?

4. In the background on the right, we see Daredevil wondering just what happened to his mag, and how he could have fallen so far, so fast.

5. By the way, it's not just the cover folks, the story in this issue has such sterling moments as Wolverine using mace for underarm deoderant...

What modern cover do you revile the most and why?

For me it can only be DD 196.

The setup: Millers fantastic run of Daredevil had ended a few months before, yet I was still picking up (the now very medicre) DD issues on the chance that they would get great again. That all ended when 196 hit the stands. DD and the X-Men (Especially Wolverine) were my favorites at the time (with Clairmont/Byrne X-Men and Miller Daredevil, it's not hard to see why) and this book pretty much manages to make a mockery of both.

21267019774.196.D.STEPHENS.GIF

The commentary: Take a look at this cover (I know it's hard)

2. DId wolvie grow 2 feet taller? We all know he is a short man, but look at the guy he is holding, is he beating up 9 year olds or midgets here?

3. Is it just me or is Wolverine's right arm growing out of his ribs?

4. In the background on the right, we see Daredevil wondering just what happened to his mag, and how he could have fallen so far, so fast.

5. By the way, it's not just the cover folks, the story this issue has such sterling moments as Wolverine using mace for underarm deoderant...

sign-funnypost.gif893applaud-thumb.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

That bugged me for ages until one day when I was scanning it to sell I noticed something... Blame the colorist who colored his thumb light blue. Wolverine's hand is facing palm up, not palm down (which would be the case if his claws were coming out of the bottom of his hand.) His claws ARE coming out of the back of his hand. Here's the hand with a more obvious coloring job on the thumb.

341576-21267019774.196.D.STEPHENS_1_.jpg

Beyond that I'm with you on this book. There's a reason my solid Daredevil run goes from 1-191.

341576-21267019774_196.D.STEPHENS_1_.jpg.1c1f29ec22174fd2c29d3452084f051b.jpg

That bugged me for ages until one day when I was selling it to sell I noticed something... Blame the colorist who colored his thumb light blue. Wolverine's hand is facing palm up, not palm down (which would be the case if his claws were coming out of the bottom of his hand.) His claws ARE coming out of the backs of his hands. Here's the hand with a more obvious coloring job on the thumb.

Beyond that I'm with you on this book. There's a reason my solid Daredevil run goes from 1-191.

Wow. thanks for pointing that out Rob. I always thought Janson had fooked up.

Ah I see, so the colorist colored part of the hanging guy's shirt brown, thinking it was Wolvie's thumb, and colored his thumb blue/grey thinking it was part of the guys shirt. Never really noticed that blue thumb... couldnt stand to look at the cover that close.