• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nedors as a whole in Overstreet 39?

26 posts in this topic

Will a Nedor ever break into the Golden Age big 100? By price none are there yet ... but I tell you if I picked and paid for my 100 favorite books ... and then priced them accordingly ... I'd have a couple of Nedors :)

As the market continues to mature ... and buy the covers ... combined with scarcity ... these books are scarce as hen's teeth. Demand and rarity and significantly lower Overstreet pricing ... should be moving them up at a higher rate percentage wise than many other Golden Age books...

Lately the markets begun to surge for Nedors ... just wondered if Overstreet picked up on that?

Will a Nedor ever break into the Golden Age big 100? By price none are there yet ... but I tell you if I picked and paid for my 100 favorite books ... and then priced them accordingly ... I'd have a couple of Nedors :)

As the market continues to mature ... and buy the covers ... combined with scarcity ... these books are scarce as hen's teeth. Demand and rarity and significantly lower Overstreet pricing ... should be moving them up at a higher rate percentage wise than many other Golden Age books...

Lately the markets begun to surge for Nedors ... just wondered if Overstreet picked up on that?

I'm guessing.....No.

What are Nedors?

:gossip: A low selling title from the GA that are colected by only 6 people in the entire world :baiting: .....and I'm one of them.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

What are Nedors?

:gossip: A low selling title from the GA that are colected by only 6 people in the entire world :baiting: .....and I'm one of them.GOD BLESS...

I'll be starting soon so make that 7 :hi:

What are Nedors?

What title will you be hunting? Or all of them?

What are Nedors?

What title will you be hunting? Or all of them?

Probably all of them as I have no discipline when it comes to collecting comics.

The right price with a great cover will probably clinch it (thumbs u

I think I had my nedors removed as a child. Hurt like hell, but afterwards I got to eat as much ice cream as I wanted.

I think that was Nerd-ors, and it appears they have grown back in. :baiting:

What are Nedors?

I remember when that was true. Who let the secret out :censored:

What are Nedors?

I remember when that was true. Who let the secret out :censored:

:gossip: Refer to original post.

Why would you want them to rise in price? Why not have them stay low and as under the radar as possible so there's less competition?

Hi, I'm new to the boards and this is my first post. I had no Golden Age books and had never heard of "Nedors" until a live auction in suburban DC about three years ago. I bought about a half dozen that night, and have slowly added to it since.

My goal is eventually to complete Fighting Yank 1-12, Black Terror 1-10 and Exciting 9-55. No real interest in the other titles excepted for a very few America's Best or Startling Comics.

I was the high bidder on the Exciting # 26 in last week's ComicLink auction, which gives me 26-27, 29-31, 34, & 37 among that title's Schomburg war covers.

While my preferred grade is slabbed 5.0-7.0, I'm willing to consider as low as 3.0 on some of the harder-to-find books. Think my Fighting Yank # 7 is about a 3.0.

Point is, I'd much rather the Alex Ross series die out and have everyone move on to Fox good girl art or take a sudden interest in early Wonder Woman than have Overstreets give these books _any_ attention.

Welcome to the boards Gatsby77. That is an interesting way to get into collecting GA comics. What was it about the Nedors at the auction that piqued your interest? I'd be interested to see pictures or scans of books you picked up sometime.

Point is, I'd much rather the Alex Ross series die out and have everyone move on to Fox good girl art or take a sudden interest in early Wonder Woman than have Overstreets give these books _any_ attention.

Even though low prices are nice, I would love the series to take off and turn into a good movie.

Wishful thinking, I know

Umm...they were there. The Original Owner collection at the auction was also done as a Live Auction on Ebay and included about 100 books, but mainly it was just early Wonder Woman and assorted Nedors, including Wonder Woman 1 (CGC 6.0), 4-5, 7-8; Fighting Yank 1, 3, 5-9; Black Terror 1-10; Startling 17, 20, 24-35 or so; and a near-complete run of America's Best.

All the books that were CGC'd came back unrestored, but some were definitely weak. The Black Terror # 1 looked like a 7.0 but was a blue label 3.0 because one or two of the interior wraps were detached from the staples.

I also picked up the Wonder Woman # 4, which was an ugly green label 2.5 (missing centerfold--since apparently it affects it's incomplete) that night.

All told, a fun (and expensive) introduction to the Golden Age.