• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Whoa Nelly ... insane Wonder Nedor

68 posts in this topic

The Nedor Wonder 1 is not a common book by any stretch of the imagination. There have been several available over the past two years, but prior to that it was essentially not seen. It had been such a stretch without a copy coming available that when a CGC 4.5 popped up it went for over $1200 (something like 4-5X guide at the time). I had a snipe of 2.5X guide and was blown away. I think Jeff was the underbidder.

Shortly thereafter several copies popped up in varying grades and all went for a pretty penny. I think there were 2 or 3 8.0s, the Mile High, and a couple of beaters. All were quickly gobbled up.

Now, again, there's not a copy to be found anywhere.

The Nedor Wonder 1 is not a common book by any stretch of the imagination. There have been several available over the past two years, but prior to that it was essentially not seen. It had been such a stretch without a copy coming available that when a CGC 4.5 popped up it went for over $1200 (something like 4-5X guide at the time). I had a snipe of 2.5X guide and was blown away. I think Jeff was the underbidder.

Shortly thereafter several copies popped up in varying grades and all went for a pretty penny. I think there were 2 or 3 8.0s, the Mile High, and a couple of beaters. All were quickly gobbled up.

I picked up this copy late last year on comic link. I was surprised it wasn't getting more bidding action. I think the "pressing" comment on the case is interesting - don't see that too often.

wonder1-1.jpg

I picked up this copy late last year on comic link. I was surprised it wasn't getting more bidding action. I think the "pressing" comment on the case is interesting - don't see that too often.

wonder1-1.jpg

love it too

... if you have the Nedor Wonder Comics ... #1 in NM- 9.2 ... I'll buy it for 2600 ...

$2600 might get you an 8.0 copy, but won't get you near a 9.2.

OK ... I mean if you have a 9.2 at the new guide price ... I'll take it a the new guide price of $2800.

wonder1-1.jpg

The "pressed" comes as part of "cleaned & pressed", which is more of a standard terminology than anything. I wouldn't read anything into it.

wonder1-1.jpg

The "pressed" comes as part of "cleaned & pressed", which is more of a standard terminology than anything. I wouldn't read anything into it.

I thought maybe whoever sent the book in for grading disclosed on the form that it had been pressed. What would cgc do if you disclose pressing in a submittal application?

Someone told me that they thought CGC used to indicate pressing on old labels. Your explanation makes the most sense though.