• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone own THIS book or any that came from this collection...?

25 posts in this topic

...called the Maine Summerhouse attic collection of about 150 books that stored away very nicely over the years. Whoever owns the AF15 it looks GREAT!!

I heard there may be some DCs in there...maybe some Boardies have some to show and know the complete history?

76420.jpg.3aa8bd019f7565516e2381915227e00a.jpg

150 books seems pretty small to be classified as a collection...

:gossip: There's a difference between "official" pedigree status and something sold as being from a specific "collection"

I agree...this is just a small collection of books with superior page quality stored in a cool dry place at a Maine vacation home. They may be scattered so thin that no one out there registered on the Boards has any or even heard of them.

There was some discussion of the books on the boards when the collection first surfaced. As with most things, I imagine the "search" button should yield some results.

Tim, I used "Maine" in the Boardie search engine (before I posted this thread) but could not find any matches...

no big deal...

This was a find by a board member IIRC. From what I remember there were also some terrific JIM books in there. I believe the board member was called Quasar Comics or something along those lines.

It was a collection that was found at a cottage where some kids grew up spending their summers.

(thumbs u

The guy that found that must have been elated beyond words. Can you imagine buying a house/cottage/whatever, and finding comics that are worth more than the house they've been sitting in? I'm glad a collector found those beauties...imagine if some frump found 'em and just threw them out!

Did you go back far enough? The thread was a while back.

I found some references about it in an old thread but the thread was about another subject.

I'll keep looking.

Roy is correct. 2 brothers bought these books while vacationing in Maine in the 60s and stashed them in the attic. Luckily, the humidity was just right over the years...there were some nice DCs in there (non keys)

This is his link to his Ebay auction advert in the Dealer's forum when he first put them on Ebay.

He only has 126 posts so it wasn't that hard to find.

R.

Thanks Roy. I wasn't on the Boards in '05, but if I was, it would have been a murderous bloodbath bidding war from me for those White Pagers...

I just looked at the User list and found a Quasarcomics and followed his posts.

If you're looking to track those books down, good luck! I know that several of them changed hands a few times pretty quickly early on.

:wishluck:

The AF15 (see scan at the first of this thread) actually graded 7.0 with White Pages. Bruce Edwards (Quasar Comics) said it would probably grade 8.0 - 8.5 with Off White to White Pages. He kinda had it inverted...

The AF15 (see scan at the first of this thread) actually graded 7.0 with White Pages. Bruce Edwards (Quasar Comics) said it would probably grade 8.0 - 8.5 with Off White to White Pages. He kinda had it inverted...

I'm pretty sure that book was pressed and resubbed. Likely came back 8.0 or better.