• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Art Day! Another Larkin Doc Savage!

17 posts in this topic

Hi all; got in another 86th Floor beauty. Keep me in mind if you have any Doc

Savage art to sell or trade. Love the paintings by Bama, Larkin, Boris, Barr,

etc. but also the interiors to the mags, or covers to the comic books. Check out

the new one here and comments are always welcomed:

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=494272&GSub=53204

Also posted a Star Wars painting by Wolfe. I'm looking for other Star Wars

paintings!

i have noticed that a lot of the images posted directly from CAF are now coming up empty. They are probably blocking it. They have to pay for bandwith and I am sure they don't want to be paying for images to be posted on other sites.

That makes sense I guess..... any alternatives?

Photobucket.com

fast, free, and easy. (thumbs u

C

Here is the note posted in the news section on CAF

A Note About Offsite Image Linking

Because of the excessive cost of hosting CAF (we're at $1,000 per month nowadays, plus overage costs - remember, we own the servers but we pay for the bandwidth) we are forced to stop people from linking to images that are on the CAF site from other sites. I know this is really important for sites like ebay, when you want to show more detail for your scans. The best thing I can suggest at this time is to use ebay's built in image display feature that gives you the smaller image, but then you can and should link to the same page on CAF that shows the larger image.