• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Captain America pages from current series?

7 posts in this topic

Hi All..

I was wondering.. Are pages from the new cap series hard to come by? I havent seen a lot of them.. or maybe I am just looking in the wrong place?? A guy on ebay has the issue 25 death page for 3k or so I think.. But what about just normal pages??

Thanks!

Hi All..

I was wondering.. Are pages from the new cap series hard to come by? I havent seen a lot of them.. or maybe I am just looking in the wrong place?? A guy on ebay has the issue 25 death page for 3k or so I think.. But what about just normal pages??

Thanks!

I don't read the currest series, but is the artist Steve Epting? If so, his rep his Spencer Beck of the Artist's Choice.

Link to Epting Pages for Sale

Regards,

Malvin

Of course pages from the current series has Bucky as Captain America.

If you want pages of Steve Rogers as Captain America drawn by Epting then the secondary market is your best bet. Otherwise you'll have to wait until Marvel brings him back.

Captain America: Brand New Day? :tonofbricks:

Cheers!

N

Not to rain on anyone's parade, but considering how well received the current series is, both critically and commercially, is there any rush for Steve Rogers to come back? And I am thinking long term here.

It used to be said in comics that there was "comics dead" (e.g.: Phoenix) and then there was "Bucky dead." Now that "Bucky dead" is no longer an absolute, I guess anyone can come back. But maybe Cap will be the new "Bucky dead" and will not come back until thirty years from now.

While I agree with everyone that the expectation is for Cap to come back, that's just the thing that makes me question whether Brubacker will do it - it seems to me that he generally does not do things that are too predictable.

There are two factors militating against Cap being dead for thirty years, however. One, Brubacker will tire of the title and get off eventually. Two, if Cap is to be brought back, which will happen with the inevitable loss of sales from Brubacker / Epting / Perkins moving on to other things, then perhaps Brubacker would rather bring Cap back than leave it to someone else who may not be able to so deftly weave it into the title.

Admittedly, I have read this title in fits and spurts whenever the impulse strikes me to buy a TPB, so I might not know as much as others, but these are just my thoughts.

- A