• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WTF is going on with the FS forum

302 posts in this topic

I think that's a brilliant idea
Since you have the final say, it's a done deal.

A lil help with the shark question hounding General would be cool too.

To be sure, there is perfectly good organizational logic from both the seller's & the buyer's point of view in breaking-up offerings into different, individual threads.

In fact, following that organizational logic would lead one to posting single books, or perhaps single lots, per thread, resulting in a very large number of such threads per seller, making the FS forum something akin to one's own personal eBay store or website.

This is the distinguishing difference. This isn't an eBay store. It is a free public forum paid for & hosted by a third party.

To have more than one thread going at a time is a me first screw the rest attitude.

Now, one of the guys up to this sorta thing sold a great couple of books to me last week.

Back to the FS forums before I miss out...

Im selling Jonah Hex... Dont miss out.

I got some sweet BA Avengers for sale over there.

TAKE A L@@K!!

Im going to have one thread for HG Jonah Hex, and another for a nice lower grade lot of Jonah Hex

I'm going to have a thread for books that don't sell & another thread for books that don't sell.

^^

Yes they're dangerous to be around (kinda like greggy when he's had too much to drink)

Yes they're dangerous to be around (kinda like greggy when he's had too much to drink)

:acclaim:

I just wish someone would respond to my one and only sales thread. :sorry:

You and me both which is why I don't sell much here.

Very dificult to sell there anyway.

I start there at CGC Forum, and what does not sell goes on the Bay. By that time I already have the images cropped, uploaded to Vendio Image hosting, thne move it all to the Bay.

CAL :juggle:

I am making a sales thread with a whole bunch of random stuff but the first post is going to be a summary of all the drek/treasures I am posting so people just have to look through the first post to see what I am going to sell. It takes some work and planning but I think it will make life a little easier.

I do have 2 sales threads there already but they haven't seen action in a couple of days and I am just letting them die. Is that ok or should I do something to kill them first? I looked at the rules but saw nothing there regarding this issue.

I am making a sales thread with a whole bunch of random stuff but the first post is going to be a summary of all the drek/treasures I am posting so people just have to look through the first post to see what I am going to sell. It takes some work and planning but I think it will make life a little easier.

I do have 2 sales threads there already but they haven't seen action in a couple of days and I am just letting them die. Is that ok or should I do something to kill them first? I looked at the rules but saw nothing there regarding this issue.

Best thing to do is edit the first post to say that the sale is closed. That way it doesn't get bumped, and anyone who stumbles upon it will know it's no longer valid.

Best thing to do is edit the first post to say that the sale is closed. That way it doesn't get bumped, and anyone who stumbles upon it will know it's no longer valid.

(thumbs u

Same here. I've griped about it before but I'm giving up trying to sell raw comics in here. I've spent most of the weekend listing only raws with no bites whatsoever. I'm trying to grade 'em tight and selling for 30 to 60% of guide. I don't know what else to do other than give them away and I'm certainly not doing that. :sumo:

Same here. I've griped about it before but I'm giving up trying to sell raw comics in here. I've spent most of the weekend listing only raws with no bites whatsoever. I'm trying to grade 'em tight and selling for 30 to 60% of guide. I don't know what else to do other than give them away and I'm certainly not doing that. :sumo:

The only attention I get in my sales thread is greggy taunting me. :cry:

I sell everything from high grade Golden Age that costs thousands to Copper books that sell for $5. Realistically, I have to have seperate threads, if for no other reason then to distinguish the offerings and the radically different brands of buyers they would attract.

As a buyer, I generally make assumptions about the thread's contents based on the title & the seller. If the first 5 pages are generally BA and Copper books that sell for $10-$20, I'm not inclined to keep checking back to try and find a $500 Golden Age book. Its just not going to happen. I think that applies to most of us.

Let's face it, if you just go to the comics section on ebay, you have to face the same thing, but at least you have keywords you can search and sort the listings with.

As for having to sort through all the various selling threads, with all the new board members, and the economic crunch many folks are facing, I see even more selling threads emerge in the near future. We're just going to have to deal with it. The time has likely arrived to have 5 seperate Forum Selling areas (Golden Age, Silver, Bronze, Copper, Moderns) which would better accomodate everyone.

So, if I've offended anyone by having more then one active selling thread at one time....you have my apologies. :foryou:

If someone doesn't close their existing thread before they open a new thread or sell everything in it the new thread should be locked :sumo:

I am usually pretty computer literate but I can't close my thread. How do I do that? Do I just type "closed" in the title or can I actually close it?

It has been discussed in the general discussion thread in forum slaes. And most generally agree. If you have a thread with BA-CA $1-10.00 books and start another to sell A few HG GA slabs, it makes sense. But if the books can be grouped together, like if you had the cheap books with a few slabs of the same eras you should group.

Its just a matter of sellers trying to bump people down and take up the whole front page with useless krap that should all be in the same thread. And if you ahev one thread doing nothing, decide to start another because the first died why would you bump the dead thread and start listing again. Copy and paste stuff into you current thread. Or even close the old thread, but offer the books still available with a list on the first page and link.

If someone doesn't close their existing thread before they open a new thread or sell everything in it the new thread should be locked :sumo:

I am usually pretty computer literate but I can't close my thread. How do I do that? Do I just type "closed" in the title or can I actually close it?

Just change the title to CLOSED. You can't actually close it, only the mods can do that.

Mike

The time has likely arrived to have 5 seperate Forum Selling areas (Golden Age, Silver, Bronze, Copper, Moderns) which would better accomodate everyone.

I happen to think that's a GREAT idea. (worship)

The time has likely arrived to have 5 seperate Forum Selling areas (Golden Age, Silver, Bronze, Copper, Moderns) which would better accomodate everyone.

I happen to think that's a GREAT idea. (worship)

I concur (thumbs u