• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FS: High quality comic posters! Made to order!

45 posts in this topic

I got the answer!

The banner and the coroplast poster CAN be printed on both sides. ;)

The foamboard cannot because the material on the back is different than the face, and causes streaks. The vinyl cannot because it is the "peel and stick" material on the back.

I got the answer!

The banner and the coroplast poster CAN be printed on both sides. ;)

The foamboard cannot because the material on the back is different than the face, and causes streaks. The vinyl cannot because it is the "peel and stick" material on the back.

Thanks for looking into it. Expect a PM about these in a couple weeks. (thumbs u

Mike, I'll let you know the price of a 2 x 6 ASAP.

Jeffro, I don't have a picture of a banner. But I'll try and get one posted.

(thumbs u

Mike

A 2' x 6' coroplast is $75 for single sided, and $112.50 for double sided. Shipping would be more though (working on getting a printing quote) than the standard sizes advertised. A 2' x 6' is an odd shape, and it will run a higher shipping rate.

What printer are you printing on? It's a flatbed, so I'm guessing it's a solvent or eco-solvent?

I'm not familiar with the detailed specifications of the machine. It is a huge flatbed, but I don't know the model. I am seperate from the printers. They are in Tampa, and I am in Orlando.

Banner $7.50 sq ft (grommets are free)

Can you post a banner example?

Here's a banner example. Remember, it can be printed in various dimensions--this particular one is wide and short. It can be sectional or one piece. It is for "all weather", uv resistant, durable, and with grommets for easy hanging.

Bannerexample.jpg

KofR:

A couple of questions:

1 - how large can you go on foamboard? Can you ship pieces of large foamboard?

2 - you cite a 2x4 foamboard, but that's a 1:2 aspect ratio. Aren't comics different, more like 2:3 ?

3 - Can you give us any guidelines on a minimum resolution for the image size that will still produce a nice looking poster?

For example, I have a 1.1 MB jpg image that is about 1900 x 3000 pixels -- I assume that would look pretty good at 2x4 feet, and maybe even good at a

much larger size.

But how about a 124 KB image that's about 600 x 950? Would that still look ok?

Thanks mucho for any help you can give -- your product looks terrific.

gozer

Thanks for the questions and compliments!

1) On the foamboard and coroplast product, we can print something up to 4' x 8'. The blank sheets come from the manufacturer in 4' x 8'.

2) The posters aren't exactly 2' x 4'--just approximately. Sized to fit the image, with dimensions that are approximately 2' x 4'. The ratios vary between SA books, GA books, so there is no exact ratio that can be used as a "one size fits all" printing method.

3) Miniumum resolution is 300 dpi. If you got something better, we'll take it! A sharp, 1900 x 3000 pixel image should produce an outstanding poster. 600 x 950 is on the smaller side to print with, esspecially if you plan to go very large scale.

That is preferred. We do some touch-ups if needed, but extensive photoshopping is very time consuming, and is actually another service that the printing business offers. We do fix minor problems, and things like store stamps or date stamps, if they are in an area which can be fixed without extensive work. So, while some photoshop work is used, it should be said that the original image should be pretty clean. Overall, the image you give us is the one we'll print.