• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Modern comics that deserve "Classic Cover" status?

97 posts in this topic

Hi folks,

Are there any Modern comics out there that have covers you feel deserve "Classic Cover" status? Let's see what you have to show. :popcorn:

Not sure about the ones posted so far. When I think "classic cover" I think of something iconic and often imitated. The first one that comes to mind is Dark Knight 1. I'd also consider the Ross cover to the Joker/Harley one shot a classic.

Hi folks,

Are there any Modern comics out there that have covers you feel deserve "Classic Cover" status? Let's see what you have to show. :popcorn:

Not sure about the ones posted so far. When I think "classic cover" I think of something iconic and often imitated. The first one that comes to mind is Dark Knight 1. I'd also consider the Ross cover to the Joker/Harley one shot a classic.

its pretty difficult for any modern covers to be 'often imitated' at this point, isn't it (shrug) and just because a cover is imitated doesn't make it a classic cover, IMO..

ie X-Men #141 has had quite a few swipes, but i don't think is should be considered a 'classic'..

Uncanny_X-Men_141.jpg

NobleCausesFS3b_98001.jpg

if you add the wolverine 55 variant, you might as well add the L+K Headgames #3 variant..

The best one is really the one with Mickey holding Donald's head. And besides I have an improper interest in Wolverine 55 and Man Who Laughs considering I own the art to both covers.

if you add the wolverine 55 variant, you might as well add the L+K Headgames #3 variant..

The best one is really the one with Mickey holding Donald's head. And besides I have an improper interest in Wolverine 55 and Man Who Laughs considering I own the art to both covers.

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o

and what is the mickey holding donald's head one?

edit: wow, AMAZING CAF gallery :)

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o

and what is the mickey holding donald's head one?

edit: wow, AMAZING CAF gallery :)

lol, You've seen it!

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=17&Number=2257842&Searchpage=1&Main=120873&Words=%26quot%3Bwolverine+55%26quot%3B&topic=0&Search=true#Post2257842

In all seriousness though I would have to nominate at least one of Esad Ribic cover's for consideration. I especially love several of his Wolverine covers including 184 and 185. I was very fortunate to pick up the cover painting to 184 this week. But I have to say his Loki covers are flat out AMAZING. Issue 4 isn't that great but issue 1 is simply beautiful while issue 2 is very dynamic.