• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fantasy GA cover creations?

43 posts in this topic

Has anyone ever started a thread featuring GA covers that never existed....you know fantasy covers? I know I have seen some funny examples posted but just wondering if there was ever a complete thread dedicated to you photoshop wizards :cloud9:

I don't own a copy of photoshop so with my very limited skills in MSpaint I have created a few but I would love to see what is already out there :wishluck:

Not sure if this is what you had in mind...

Its hand painted (not done in Photoshop). This was done as a commission for a fellow who wanted a BATMAN #1 alternate cover. Of course, first thing I did was throw Robin out the window...

MIKE_batman1LORES.jpg

Wish I had time to do more fantasy covers... they are a lot of fun.

Beautiful example...yes paintings would certainly be considered fantasy pieces and I really like the one you posted :applause:

Thanks, but where are your examples??? :popcorn:

I only have access to one example from work.....I really hope to get a copy of photoshop soon becuase I haven't found a great way to layer images on top of one another in Paint so the images don't tend to blend as well.

Here's the latest one I created....be gentle :shy:

Superman35creation3-1.jpg

Not sure if this is what you had in mind...

Its hand painted (not done in Photoshop). This was done as a commission for a fellow who wanted a BATMAN #1 alternate cover. Of course, first thing I did was throw Robin out the window...

Wish I had time to do more fantasy covers... they are a lot of fun.

Aw Ryan, that is a GREAT painting! :applause:

Didn't that get a vacation last time you posted it? ;)

He'll be banned by nightfall :gossip:

:sumo: I got the strike b/c I used a shill account to post it, not because I posted it ;)

Oh...I thought it was for the crummy dialogue. :baiting:

Didn't that get a vacation last time you posted it? ;)

He'll be banned by nightfall :gossip:

:sumo: I got the strike b/c I used a shill account to post it, not because I posted it ;)

"Scrooge" isn't a shill account?

Jack

Great work all.

Ryan, how did you get that fold? It that an actual fold, or an optical illusion?

I've done one. It was a "Rocket to the Moon" homage. Sadly, I don't have a copy of the final painting. It's from a couple of years ago when I was still in my "Must channel Kirby" phase. That's why Ted's all big and blocky. It does have an Atom Age Schomburg swipe though.

th_rocket.jpg

Here are the thumbs for the piece. I probably should have gone with the one on the left. What the heck, still can.

th_rocketthumb.jpg