• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why do people De-Slab???

108 posts in this topic

Just to chime in on the OP question -

Every slab I buy, I crack out. However, I don't buy high grade stuff. Most of what I buy is in the 6.0 - 9.0 range. I buy slabbed books because it gives me the extra assurance that the book is probably resto free and will be in the grade that I am looking for. When I buy raw, especially on Ebay, I cannot always be certain either of those things will be true.

In addition, the graded books I buy are quite frequently no more expensive, and sometimes cheaper, than their raw counterparts. Therefore, I see no reason not to buy them and crack them out.

Simply stated, I buy other people's disappointments.

In my mind, the real question is, why did that person slab that Hulk 155 that was graded 7.5 in the first place? $10 bucks, sure, :takeit:

Using bigger words never makes anyone a bad guy. I never thought of you that way.

Using French words when English will do???

lol

-slym

And you are ?? :baiting:

I am me... like no other.

;)

-slym

meh

Dear Arch,

Please give alecholland the custom title he has earned as a result of this awesome quote. :wishluck::roflmao:

That would be cool. lol I second the motion.

Maybe I should've put an ad in Overstreet with a slogan like this, or Craigslist.

Dear Arch,

Please give alecholland the custom title he has earned as a result of this awesome quote. :wishluck::roflmao:

Ya beat me to it Sean . I thought that was a rather memorable statement myself ! .. (thumbs u

B~