• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Destroyer - Kirkman MAX

20 posts in this topic

Picked up a copy of Destroyer #1 today at my LCS. The owner recommended it to me, and I am a fan of Kirkman/Walker, so I picked it up. I also love some of the Destroyer comics from the GA. Not a great issue, but I enjoyed it. Action packed. Anybody else giving this title a go?

Destroyer MAX

Writer Robert Kirkman has announced Destroyer MAX, a new five-issue limited series from Marvel MAX, starting in September, which will showcase the character and some of Kirkman's newest creations.[5][6] It is based on the character Keene Marlow and, according to Kirkman, "the assumption that he's had an ongoing series since the '40s, so I'm basically writing Issues #701-#705.."[7]

Per Wikipedia, but a little outdated

Picked it up and thought it was decent. I was very disappointed in the art though.

damn! walker is pretty hit/miss...ie his marvel team up 14 with spidey/vinci YUCK!!

but his cover art for invincible (ie 11 and 12) are TOP NOTCH!

sucks his art isn't so strong on this..haven't read it yet

Was anyone else reminded of Britt while reading this?

i finally read it last night, and yes! the first thing that came to my mind was brit lol

the story seems ok so far, and the art in the action scenes is ok...

but i'm a little bit disappointed overall...was hoping for better art, and it seems like the story will be a little more predictable than i thought it would be...

but yeah, i'll keep reading it :)

Any thoughts on issue 2? The plot moved pretty well but not enough time for action. Still, the suspense was good. I think I liked this issue a little more and while I am not a huge fan of the series, I kind of feel like I need to read the rest of the run.

Any thoughts on issue 2? The plot moved pretty well but not enough time for action. Still, the suspense was good. I think I liked this issue a little more and while I am not a huge fan of the series, I kind of feel like I need to read the rest of the run.

i thought it was on par with what I expected....

damn marvel and their 'mini-series' layouts...i won't be missing the final 3 issues *sigh*