• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

who's going to pop the buy price ?!

17 posts in this topic

I've seen nicer 9.4s. I will never understand how they can give books a 9.8 when they are THAT off-center. Maybe in an early Silver book, but this is boderline-modern age (let's not get into that fight in this thread). And maybe it is just me, but if I was going to settle for an off-center book, I would want the white border on the left to be even straight down the book. I hate seeing this white triangle that gets bigger and bigger down the page. It's like I can watch a letterbox movie, but would go nuts if the picture were slightly tilted on the screen.

Does the book look rolled/warped to anyone else?

Irregardless of the low QP, the top corner shows the internal paper showing, while the bottom corner has a cover overlap. I fail to believe that the book was printed that way (evidence the bottom staple) and it looks like a storage flaw.

I've seen nicer 9.4s. I will never understand how they can give books a 9.8 when they are THAT off-center. Maybe in an early Silver book, but this is boderline-modern age (let's not get into that fight in this thread). And maybe it is just me, but if I was going to settle for an off-center book, I would want the white border on the left to be even straight down the book. I hate seeing this white triangle that gets bigger and bigger down the page. It's like I can watch a letterbox movie, but would go nuts if the picture were slightly tilted on the screen.

I have to agree with this sentiment, I just got my Tales of the Teen Titans #44 CGC 9.8 back. It has the white border because of the miswrap, but its uniform all the way down, straight as an arrow, so I don't mind it so much. There is some over inking around the DC label however, I will scan it and post it in modern section for those who would like to see it and judge for themselves.

Does the book look rolled/warped to anyone else?

Irregardless of the low QP, the top corner shows the internal paper showing, while the bottom corner has a cover overlap. I fail to believe that the book was printed that way (evidence the bottom staple) and it looks like a storage flaw.

Joe because I am a New york, ivy league @$$hole I have to point out your poor word choice:

irregardless

DAM

Joe because I am a New york, ivy league @$$hole I have to point out your poor word choice

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

You guys are too much. I use "ain't" a lot in my posts, so I better watch out.

I actually thought about that one (though I never thought anyone would "go anal" on me), had corrected it to "regardless" and just said the heck with it. I guess humor and mannerisms are quite a bit tougher to convey through text than verbally.

Joe because I am a New york, ivy league @$$hole I have to point out your poor word choice

I actually thought about that one (though I never thought anyone would "go anal" on me), had corrected it to "regardless" and just said the heck with it. I guess humor and mannerisms are quite a bit tougher to convey through text than verbally.

Thanks to countless corrections by my mother, "irregardless" has finally been eradicated from my vocabulary tongue.gif but it wouldn't matter anyways - sadly all humor is lost on me frown.gif

DAM

Well, "ain't" is acceptable for Canadians. Much like "eh," it is an amusing idiomatic expression brought on by repeated exposure to extreme cold and funny looking money. What books do you want from Chuckles?

Is everyone crazy or have gotten ridicouslly rich?!?! tonofbricks.gif

Well, consumer debt levels are at all-time highs and the savings rate is in the very low single digits. People are trading off future consumption to buy overpriced books today. It works for a while, but when books stop appreciating in value and/or interest rates go up sharply, it's going to get ugly.

Gene

Thanks to countless corrections by my mother, "irregardless" has finally been eradicated from my vocabulary tongue.gif but it wouldn't matter anyways - sadly all humor is lost on me frown.gif

No worries, as tone and emphasis of the spoken word carries humor and mood.

For example, if I put on a hillbilly accent and said:

"Me ain't gonna do it!"

It would get a laugh, but try writing that in a report. 27_laughing.gif