• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC price changes

119 posts in this topic

BTW, I'm up to 2 packs a day :banana:

PANSY!

Before I quit I was up to two lighters a day!

(That is an old Bill Hicks joke (thumbs u )

lol

You rule, oh wait that was before you quit smoking :cry:

Sweet, the 1975 to 1979 stuff is mostly drek.

Makes it easier for me to fill the value tier now that the period has changed and that the minimum value has increased to $150.

:headbang:

I missed the 50 increase part :headbang:

I'm fine with the changes, probably long overdue, but the timing in a recessionis puzzling.

This is my biggest issue with the price increase. I would have understood 1 - 2 years ago when plastics were skyrocketing in price, but it just seems odd to raise the price in this climate.

I'm guessing this increase means Signature submission costs have risen as well?

I :luhv: CGC, but the 1975-1979 increase is out of line. :boo:
I dont agree. Financially for them it was a very smart move. How many X-Men have you ubmitted that you had less then $100.00 into and made over $300.00? So the extra $20.00 would REALLY brake you?

break you

I dont agree. Financially for them it was a very smart move. How many X-Men have you ubmitted that you had less then $100.00 into and made over $300.00? So the extra $20.00 would REALLY brake you?

What a short sighted view! Are you kidding me? You really think all the books submitted are 9.8 X-Men from the Byrne run? How about all the Invaders books that sell in 9.6 for barely the cost of slabbing. Wake up, this price increase will destroy their submission rate on 1975-1979 books. Looks like they are taking a lesson from eBay on how to destroy a company.

break you

:baiting:

break you

am I the graemlin with the stick (shrug)

Oh, and I just think this price change is a late April Fool's gag from those CGC guys.

What a short sighted view! Are you kidding me? You really think all the books submitted are 9.8 X-Men from the Byrne run? How about all the Invaders books that sell in 9.6 for barely the cost of slabbing. Wake up, this price increase will destroy their submission rate on 1975-1979 books. Looks like they are taking a lesson from eBay on how to destroy a company.

I agre with alot of books OR.. By the submissions of these books being slowed down because of the cost there will be less copies available. I think this would drive up cost due to availability and possibly bring back the incentive to slab those books. Cut the supply, increase the demand, increase the demand, and increase the supply (people will begin submitting those books)

break you

am I the graemlin with the stick (shrug)

Oh, and I just think this price change is a late April Fool's gag from those CGC guys.

Why do you want to break me? And why do I hear you saying that in dolph lundrens voice when he played Ivan Drago in Rocky?

I agre with alot of books OR.. By the submissions of these books being slowed down because of the cost there will be less copies available. I think this would drive up cost due to availability and possibly bring back the incentive to slab those books. Cut the supply, increase the demand, increase the demand, and increase the supply (people will begin submitting those books)

By that logic, why not just price everthing at $100 a pop for slabbing. That would really drive the supply down and the prices up.

We are talking 3 minutes and $4.75 worth of plastic. My god, if rent is so high in Florida they should move. Are they paying the graders millions??? Someone is cashing in.

By that logic, why not just price everthing at $100 a pop for slabbing. That would really drive the supply down and the prices up.

We are talking 3 minutes and $4.75 worth of plastic. My god, if rent is so high in Florida they should move. Are they paying the graders millions??? Someone is cashing in.

Maybe one day slabs will be more expensive... But I can understand the increase. They are a business first. I dont think it will effect things as much as people think.

I'm not bashing CGC here, it just stinks to take another hit in this economy. I have stated many many times in the past that I think CGC helped save comic collecting as a hobby after the 1990's crash.

It is because of their importance that I am upset about this.

Maybe one day slabs will be more expensive... But I can understand the increase. They are a business first. I dont think it will effect things as much as people think.

Not saying it will effect me, just saying its BS.

The crappy JB X-men will need to be 9.8's now. (non-keys)