• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I miss.......

26 posts in this topic

My local Stop-n-Rob didn't always have comics but they ALWAYS had Savage Sword of Conan magazines.

I'd ride my bike from location to location to pick up the various issues because some stores would only get them every other month.

There was one store that had a spinner rack but there were never the same titles there from month to month.

I remember shouldering the backpack and riding my bike the mile or two to 7-11 for the goods I didn't get in the mail.

I still have all 5 copies of Thing #1 I bought.

:tonofbricks:

Our local 'paper shop used to sell comics years ago. I bought my Secret Wars, Punisher Limited Series and Killing Joke from there among others.

I miss that a lot, having an LCS like FP doesn't help matters either.

Same here, local paper store. Comics, Spree +/or Sweet Tarts!! Comics + sugar :cloud9:

I had to go to my local Triangle Value Pharmacy & Hardware (or "Tri-Far&Har," in Parkwood lingo) to get my comic fix, and since it was about halfway home from my junior-high school, once a week or so I'd skip riding the bus and hoof the 5 miles or so (total trip) and stop by to see what was on the racks. I bought my Uncanny X-Men for 4 years or so from the TF&H.

Ah, memories...

-slym

Great memories of growing up in the '70s and riding my bike to the 7-11 to pick up comics, baseball cards and Wacky Packages and a few pieces of bubble gum - all for less than a $1. I lived for DC superhero books, Bats, Supes, Flash and JLA. It is THE reason I got back into comic collecting - I wanted to pick up a bunch of those issues from my youth.

I miss it too and I wish that kids today could enjoy that same experience!