• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Print Runs

9 posts in this topic

Can anyone tell me how it was determined that the Punisher (1st series) issues #8 and #9 have a low print run and were did this information come from. I have posted a similar topic in the past ,but the question regarding individual print runs of marvel comics was left un- answered. Another thing that I find strange is the fact that FF issues 39 and 40 do not have very many submissions to CGC that hit the upper 9.0's, along with JIM 118 and 119. All of these issues were printed around the same time frame(6/65-8/65). Maybe some day Marvel will release an approx figure of it's print run on it's major titles.

They used to list print runs in the comic buyer's guide (krause).

http://cgi.ebay.com/Comics-Buyers-Guide-Standard-Catalog-Of-Comic-Books_W0QQitemZ370175059626QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Nonfiction_Book?hash=item370175059626&_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116

I haven't seen it in their newer editions.

I should have grabbed one as you won't come across this information

easily.

About what time frame did CBG list print runs? Would it be in the issues from the 1990's?

The print runs I recall were primarily from the silver/bronze age circulation numbers. Can't remember how recent they were.

http://www.amazon.com/Standard-Catalog-Comic-Books-Miller/dp/087349993X

I believe this has it for $5 used-- can't beat.

About what time frame did CBG list print runs? Would it be in the issues from the 1990's?

Did they actually print the print run numbers? I remember them soliciting their readers for the info, from the "annual report" page in the comics. But they were collecting that info to publish in the Standard Catalog - so why would they print it in CBG? I do remember a few "token" print run examples, but I would say don't waste your time. Buy a Standard Catalog instead of looking through CBG back issues.

what I can tell you is that the 1060-ish Marvel runs were anywhere:

180,000 - 275,000 depending on the monthly Title.

CAL who has the CBG softcover somewhere