• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

grahamcrackerscomics?

55 posts in this topic

I never bought anything, but months ago I was looking at his books. I all long with several other people agreed that the pictures didn't show a book that was in as nice of grade as was placed on the book. I would probably adjustmy bid to expect some over grading...and if the opening bid is already too much I'd just pass.

I've been in several of their stores. They own a chain in the Chicagoland area. I think they have a reputation for being high priced. They have some nice vintage stuff in various grades but you will be paying $$ for them

I'll go on record as being very pleased with Graham Crackers Comics - Jamie's a good guy. His prices are too high, but so's everybody else's. He will do major discounting at shows, and his grading is pretty tight.

Anyone dealt with eBay seller grahamcrackerscomics? He has some nice golden age books I'm eyeballing, but the grading and opening bids look a little iffy.

I've tried to deal with Jamie Graham at the San Diego Con. I have always found him to be somewhat rude and not very willing to deal even when asked for a modest discount of 5% or so. He almost always has low grade books that he overgrades and he always wants a premium for them. My advice? Make sure you can get a no-hassle refund before leaping.

I'm watching two of his books. One is a Jumbo 114 graded F/VF that is nowhere near that grade. The top left corner has too much munch on it. It's hard to see on the eBay image, but I took the image to use as my wallpaper at work. Once it was blown up, the nasty upper left corner became apparent. I'd pop a 60 or 70 dollar bin in that book in an instant, but not 120. And 80 is a bit too high.

The other book I'm watching is a nice Exciting Comics that looks about what it's graded. The opening bid is reasonable, but the BIN is way too high. I might bid low and see if I get lucky.

The books that I saw that looked overgraded in the pics a few months ago were all GA books. They were Detectives from the 1940's that were being sold as mid grade but in the pics they looked more like low grade copies that were closer to Good than they were Fine.

I've ripped Graham Crackers before for their prices... but I'll be a little more gentle in my discussion here... there's no question the guy overgrades and overprices... I'm not of the mind that everyone does it... but I will say everyone has had varying experiences with him... in my mind, he's someone I'd stay away from because his pricing is so off... nonetheless, I don't think he's a bad guy or anything, never had anyone call him a cheat or anything.