• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Identify this BATMAN page ?

10 posts in this topic

Can anyone tell me which issue this page it from? The issue number is cut off, but could possibly be 237/239/257/259?

And th epage number has me confused as well. Upper righthand corner says "18", bottom right corner says "17" and bottom center says "20"

Artist is Dick Giordano and it's stamped 1981 on the back if that info helps.

THanks,

Mike

th_batman257pg20-orig.jpg

Is it a CCA stamp on the back? 1981 is about a decade after those Batman issues you listed came out. I would start with Batman 259 though as that team worked on the 1st story with the Shadow so the page number(s) you have may line up right and Bruce's parents are listed as being in that story.

Yes, looks like Novick. :cloud9: The feel of the page looks like '70s over '80s.

Ok, here's a wild thought, someone in the know tell me how crazy it would be.

Could the story have been reprinted in 1981 using the original art (renumbered) from 1974 (assuming it is issue 259, which seems like a good candidate?)

Anyone got a copy of Batman 259 that can check if this is the right issue?

Ok, one last thought on my theory above.

Best of DC digest #14 reprints Batman #260 story "This One'll Kill You, Batman" which features the Joker (which could be the laughter in the last panel). Wouldn't explain the cropped paged number, unless it was planned for 259 and slide to 260.

So, just throwing this out as another guess.

I'm sure one of these Batman gurus could let us know in a heartbeat, though I have liked the challenge.