• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Newkadia

36 posts in this topic

Come the fall, there will be an online outlet that will guarantee that anything graded NM (9.4) will, upon submission to CGC, come back at a minimum of 9.4. (thumbs u

Will you be offering 9.6 and 9.8's too? That would be friggin' sweet.

The problem with selling moderns as 9.6s or 9.8s will lie with our database. Everything is driven off entering the NM price, and then percentages are automatically worked from there. Obviously with a GA/SA/BA book, we enter a book as a 9.6 and we would see an automatic bump in price...a percentage above the 9.4 price.

However, I'm not happy to bump up the prices on moderns because they are 9.6s and 9.8s. I want the top price to be no greater than 9.4, so everything 9.4 or better will be simply stated at 9.4 and priced as such.

To be honest, I would suggest that the majority of modern 9.4s will be 9.6 or better, but for good customers, I'm sure I'll be happy to pick 'em at 9.6 only. (thumbs u

Did you have to pay royalties to be able to use Chuck's pricing algorithm? hm

Now that is a bummer that Newkadia changed their ways as up until late last year when I bought from them I'd say over 80% of what I received was right on-target. And I never received a modified USPS priority box. It was a heavy-duty thick box like you would purchase from Uline or PSAUSA.

Thanks for the heads up. I'll not be coming their way again.

Come the fall, there will be an online outlet that will guarantee that anything graded NM (9.4) will, upon submission to CGC, come back at a minimum of 9.4. (thumbs u

We have to wait till Autumn :o

Nick say it ain't so

Nick say it ain't so

:sorry:

Still got 21,000 books to process. :eek:

All I ever orderd from them were recently published books (less than 5 years since published) and I never had a problem, but I think I've only placed 3-4 orders maybe. The last one was about a year and a half ago, and it was for a bunch of the Marvel Annihilation books. Ordered everything (10-12 books) as NM and got two that were probably 9.2's and the rest were NM or better.

As I stated before, I don't like their accumlated average grading system...

My stuff always came in small plain boxes, but then I never ordered more than 12 books.

Nick say it ain't so

What's taking you so long?

Will you be publishing a newsletter with pictures of your pottery and farm to compliment any comic promotions?

Seems to work for someone else, so assumed this was the norm now. :insane:

Will you be publishing a newsletter with pictures of your pottery and farm to compliment any comic promotions?

Yeah, I'm thinking that would work. (thumbs u

I'm also considering getting hold of my doctor's records and publishing them in my first newsletter.

Followed by a 'codeword sale', obviously...ihavelotsofpsychosomaticillnesses being the secret code. (thumbs u

I'm also considering getting hold of my doctor's records and publishing them in my first newsletter.

Followed by a 'codeword sale', obviously...ihavelotsofpsychosomaticillnesses being the secret code. (thumbs u

lol

Thanks for the laugh! Now I really would buy from you.

Gaz did give me a bit of insider info Nick - looking forward to it opening up (thumbs u

Only bought ffrom NewKadia once, I can't even remember what the book was but I wasn't overly impressed.

Nick, you maroooon, the first "codeword" was supposed to be:

icantbelieveiwasabletogradeandprocess45000booksandistillhavetochangethefekkingcatboxes :whistle:

You are the man, Nick (thumbs u

The fall has come & gone :baiting:

You are the man, Nick (thumbs u

The fall has come & gone :baiting:

We're getting there, we're getting there! :P