• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Question for Ian Levine or anyone else....

24 posts in this topic

Would you include the Marvel 35 Cent Price variants?

That alone would boost the quest to worthwhile challenging levels, while simulatneously making the task nigh impossible. smile.gif

That's why I was asking. For something like this 1977 is not the year to pick if the variants come into play. Then again, not everyone is insane, so it might turn out okay smile.gif

I am thinking of possibly trying to collect every issue of Marvel and DC Comics from the year I was born 1977....

Is there a way to get a list of those books?

Advise on how to start such an endevor?

Well I certainly can't advise anything about Marvel.

As for DC, start with the Overstreet Guide and write down every DC they list. They've missed a few (all three issues of Psycho, a Super Friends Special, lots of Batman one-shots, lots of Previews, Demon issue number 58, etc etc) and then cross check it all against the Standard Comic Guide.

Your list will then be 95% accurate.

Then send it to me and I'll cross check it for you.

I am thinking of possibly trying to collect every issue of DC Comics from the year I was born 1977....

I wish you some SERIOUS luck trying to get a complete run of Beautiful Stories For Ugly Children 1-30 plus the two specials. There is nothing rarer.

Plus a complete set of Cartoon Cartoons - again virtually impossible, although I did complete both.

And not forgetting the complete Dexters Laboratory 1 to 34 plus the giveaway Burger King Edition......

As for finding a copy of Batman Legacy Trade Paperback - now that's an entirely different story - I still haven't.

Most of the DC Piranha stuff will be tough.

And what about giveaways ??? The Superman comic made for Daniel Bradman's birthday party might give you a little dose of indigestion for a start.

Still - it's all in the fun of the hunt.

Maybe I was unclear.... not from then on... just the year 1977

Oh !!!!!!!

When you said "from" 1977, I assumed you meant from then onwards.

Not nearly as much fun or as challenging.

They're probably all in Overstreet then.

Maybe I was unclear.... not from then on... just the year 1977

Oh !!!!!!!

When you said "from" 1977, I assumed you meant from then onwards.

Not nearly as much fun or as challenging.

They're probably all in Overstreet then.

I would bet that you would finish your entire DC Collection LONG before anyone even comes CLOSE to a complete Marvel 35 cent Price Variant collection, and that is just from one year -1977 smirk.gif

Consider that a 1977 set is much easier or perhaps affordable than my birthyear set, 1963. (Mine, however, is going to be much better reading.) Are you looking for a specific grade to add to the "challenge?" Like everything in 9.4 or 8.5 or better? Or are you just going to scour the bargain bins for any POS published in 1977?