• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I would Love To Get....

45 posts in this topic

:foryou:

That happened to my boyfriend, except that it went on for a few months without him knowing. Some people out of the Middle East were selling pool tables under his account..

Pool tables from the Middle East? They should have been trying to sell sandboxes to seem less obvious.

:foryou:

That happened to my boyfriend, except that it went on for a few months without him knowing. Some people out of the Middle East were selling pool tables under his account..

Pool tables from the Middle East? They should have been trying to sell sandboxes to seem less obvious.

Yea it was wild man! We had a really good laugh when he figured it out.

Sorry to hear that Nik. Happened to me about 7 years ago. I got home from vacation to find a cryptic message on my answering machine....some guy claiming he used to work at ebay and now tracked suspicious activity (freelance I guess). Anyway, I checked my account, sure enough I couldn't access it and the thief had setup a new paypal account. I called this guy on the phone (he must've got my info thru ebay somehow), older gentleman, was real nice and explained to me how these things happened. Anyway, he caught it because I went from selling 80's Star Wars and GI Joe toys to selling thousands of dollars worth of high tech computer and photography equipment.

The thief ended up being from Germany. It took me 2 weeks of badgering ebay to fix the problem. I ended up with a new ebay id and they got rid of all the negative feedback. The thief pocketed over $20K via paypal. Not sure if anyone got their money back as this was a long time ago and I don't think the protection plans were as up to snuff as they are today.

I definitely understand your anger. I wanted to beat the dog snot out of that person. It was probably Uthe. :insane:

Happened to my account as well several years back.

Right after I sold my Flash 1 on ebay, a couple days later I got messages concerning 'my' Detective 38 and More Fun 52 I was selling on ebay.

Guess my surprise when I found out that this guy had used the same pics and descriptions I used for those sales months ago.

Except, I did not have acces to any of those auctions if I remember right.........

Well, ebay acted really fast and took them out quick.

I had the same thing happen to me last year. I clicked on a link that I thought was ebay and entered my information and next thing I know my account was hijacked and a bunch of listings were placed under my name.

Luckily ebay caught it and they shut everything down and I had to change all my passwords etc. as a result. The bad part about it was that I was on vacation in Vegas and had to use the public computers at the GN to make the changes costing me some additional money.

I had the same thing happen to me last year. I clicked on a link that I thought was ebay and entered my information and next thing I know my account was hijacked and a bunch of listings were placed under my name.

This is how the phishers get your info. About a month ago my dad did the same thing, and then he told me, I went into his email account, told him it was fake, we called eBay, and everything was fixed before something happened.

Hopefully you didn't have credit card info in your account settings...or have your paypal password the same as your ebay one.

Its there but all it shows is the last four with a bunch of X's.

They have the email of the person who was doing this but would not disclose it to me when I asked for it :censored: