• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

P"R"GM FF 4

16 posts in this topic

This book looks better in hand than the scan shows, and I'm seeking some thoughts regarding a possible re-sub. I don't have a BC scan, but there aren't any major defects there that I can see. (shrug) I think that this book should be at least 8.5 and maybe even 9.0, if my stars are aligned right that day.

Also, the grader notes would still be attainable, correct?

Much thanks in advance. (thumbs u

2ll10tt.jpg

Thoughts anyone? Is it just me over-loving my book?

beautiful comic! I think 8.5 can be attainable,but is it worth it to resub for a .5 grade difference? hm

It would be a value increase of anywhere from $700-1200 :gossip:

So yes it would be worth it

WOW...nice 8.0! As far as I know they should still have the grader's notes, which would presumably tell you if there was something going on inside the book...hard to see why it couldn't grade out at 8.5 but also hard for us to pick up the fine points in a scan(s)...

:headbang:

is that a LRC color breaking crease? hm you might want to get it pressed. :gossip:

Saw that also. Color breaking crease, so I don't believe pressing will help it.

is that a LRC color breaking crease? hm you might want to get it pressed. :gossip:

Saw that also. Color breaking crease, so I don't believe pressing will help it.

no it might, i've seen CGC 9.0's & 8.5's with that LRC color breaking crease. pressing might make the rest of the overall structure of the book better.

Staples might be the deciding factor. Are they rusted at all?

They look dark but it could be scanner shadows.

If they are clean I think a new label might sport an 8.5 :)

Thanks for the response, guys. The staples are totally rust-free, but the lower is a tad indented (not detached) with a minute bit of spine fraying around it. The LRC bend is barely noticeable and doesn't break color all the way through. (shrug)

I'm going to call for the notes, and that will make me determine whether to re-submit. Considering the old label, I may at least get a PQ bump out of it. :wishluck:

Thanks again for your thoughts.

Rich