• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heritage now charging NY state sales tax :(

67 posts in this topic

I got the email as well :(

I guess my days of buying from Heritage are over :sorry:

Since when is NY State tax 7%? It's more like 8.25% isn't it?

State sales tax is 4%, the rest depends on the locality. When you pay 8.25% , it is the combined rate of state and local taxes.

From a Heritage email I got just now...

Effective April 15th, Heritage will be required by state law to charge all applicable sales taxes on any items delivered to New York addresses other than sales to dealers with valid New York sales tax numbers who are purchasing for resale and who furnish us with a properly completed New York resale certificate (exempt purchasers may, of course, furnish us with properly completed New York exemption certificates). Please see paragraph #25 in our Terms and Conditions for more complete information.

:o Ack! Now ComicLink AND Heritage are undesirable venues for NY state buyers.

What changed over there that they now have to do this?

I was just about to post this.

I don't buy from the Link because of this, now Heritage is going to be off limits too.

:(

Good thing I've only ever bought 1 thing from Heritage. Might have to start using my brothers address in VT.
Thanks for bringing this up. I can just use my Vermont address. :banana: $4400 x 8.25% is outrageous.

Good thing I've only ever bought 1 thing from Heritage. Might have to start using my brothers address in VT.
Thanks for bringing this up. I can just use my Vermont address. :banana: $4400 x 8.25% is outrageous.

I should have done that with my big Comiclink purchase. From now on I will. They tax my pay check enough as it is in this state. I blame Patterson.

I am obviously an insufficiently_thoughtful_person, which would explain why my comic shop eventually

failed, but is Heritage not? based in Dallas, as a company registered

with the Texas State Comptrollers office, and why would a Texas based

business collect taxes for the state of New York ?? , I was under the assumption,

that to this day, interstate sales were not taxable.

Where are the lawyer/attorney/accountants at on Good Friday ?

I am obviously an insufficiently_thoughtful_person, which would explain why my comic shop eventually

business collect taxes for the state of New York ?? , I was under the assumption,

Because of the NY State budget mess Albany is passing new laws and taxes/fees/sur-charges out the wa-zoo. I'm sure NY is clampping down on anything NYers buy online out of state. It will probably be challenged in federal court as an unconstitutional interstate excise tax but it will take years.

If NY is anything like Tennessee, they have found a loophole in the tax code that allows them to levy an out of state company to collect sales tax if they have an office or distribution center in that state as they assume that is where the transaction is actually taking place.

We run in to it all the time in the lumber business. The mill may be in Washington, but they have a distribution center in GA. Therefore GA residents have to pay sales tax even though they purchased the product from the lumber company in Washington state.

In Texas, we would get the unsavory, money grubbing polecats all liquored up,

bonk him on the head, place him in a compromising nude position with either

a skanky topless dancer by the name of Amber, or a male hair stylist by the

name of Alphonso, take some hi-resolution pictures of his nose and fingers

in various unsolicitios locations and mail them to the mangey sidewinders

wife.

Oh, was that a political answer ??

I should have done that with my big Comiclink purchase. From now on I will. They tax my pay check enough as it is in this state. I blame Patterson.

This is Patterson's fault isn't it? :frustrated: Is he blind?

he should be able to get his new job as a PGX pre-grader then. :whistle:

he should be able to get his new job as a PGX pre-grader then. :whistle:

Can we have a recall election even though we didn't elect him to the position in the first place?

I hope it continues to scare people from Heritage so I can continue to buy high grade X-Men for 30% less than market price - and that is with buyers premium.

Close competition between non-NY and NY bidders will almost always favor the latter. This definately hanidcaps the "average" NY bidders when factoring in BuyersPremium and Sales Tax. The big $$$ collectors will get what they want to get regardless.