• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Goulart's GOOD GIRL ART

10 posts in this topic

I've found two reviews on Ron Goulart's GOOD GIRL ART book and I'm intrigued -- but I'd like to hear from somebody I respect. Which is a good number of the people on this board.

Anybody out there read the book? Is it focused solely on comic book GGA? And is it worth the price?

I've found two reviews on Ron Goulart's GOOD GIRL ART book and I'm intrigued -- but I'd like to hear from somebody I respect. Which is a good number of the people on this board.

Anybody out there read the book? Is it focused solely on comic book GGA? And is it worth the price?

It's worth more than cover price easily. It's a "must own" book.

I must have read through that 10 times since it came out.

And I am not just saying that because I got a thanks in the credits as a contributor. lol

C

It depends on what you're interested in. Of the 169 non-bibliography pages, the 1940s and 1950s take up the first 118 pages. You don't get out of the 1960s until page 136. The 1970s and 1980s take up less than 15 pages. As my favorite GGA is from the Bronze and Copper Ages, I was very let down by the book. On the other hand, if you're more interested in GGA from the Golden Age, or actually learning about the history of GGA with an emphasis on its early development, this may be the book for you.

Since I'm best friends with the publisher, I get all my copies for free.

Though it is a very good book.

send me one then